Software Defined Storage is one of the most growing sectors in the industry. Large companies have already embarked on the journey to build a modern storage layer that supports the business instead of letting the the business cope with the limits traditional storage solutions needs to live with.
Red Hat has invested big in the two leading Open Source Storage projects - Gluster and Ceph - and have successfully been bringing Enterprise versions of these two projects to the market.
During this day you will be updated on how you can leverage on this success by listening to other customers - large, medium and small - who all have brought in these products as part of a solution for their business - cases like:
- Ceph as a backend for Openstack (MultiPB)
- Ceph as a backend for Medical Data
- Gluster as a backup target
- Ceph as backup target via S3
- Ceph as a backend for VMware ESX
- Gluster as an integrated solution for persistent storage for Openshift
- Gluster as a part of a true Opensource Hyperconverged solution
During this day you will:
- Hear interviews with people with insight of these and other solutions will bring you valuable information on what to do and what not to do.
- Hear from hardware partners how they invest in these solutions and how you can tap into a wast amount of knowledge by cooperating with them and Red Hat.
- Meet Red Hat Cloud and Container experts who can discuss with you why and how Red Hat storage should be a part of your solutions in these areas.
08:30 - 09:00 Registration and Breakfast
09:00 - 09:10 Welcome (Synack) and logistics
09:10 - 09:20 Who are Red Hat
09:20 - 09:45 Red Hat Storage - past, present and future
09:45 - 10:15 Use case 1: SDS as a Backup target
10:15 - 10:45 Use case 2: Openstack and Openshift
10:45 - 11:00 Break
11:00 - 11:30 Ceph for Virtualized environments - VMware and RHV
11:30 - 12:00 How to choose the best HW for your SDS
12:00 - 12:30 Ask us anything + Demo of hyperconverged RHV + Gluster
12:30 - 14:30 Networking and Buffet in the restaurant