OpenShift by Red Hat delivers automation for your IT
To facilitate better communication and collaboration between development and IT operations teams, organisations are turning to DevOps methodologies. Through DevOps practices, the integration of these groups provides organisations with the ability to continuously deliver software without compromising quality, thereby reducing the product cycle time. A central pillar of DevOps includes the automation of IT processes to ensure repeatability, predictability, and scalability.
Within IT, there are three basic categories of automation:
- Infrastructure automation is the process of provisioning virtual machines with operating system images, network, disk and basic compute resources.
- Middleware platform automation is the process of provisioning middleware platforms and
frameworks that host applications and business processes without worrying about underlying
infrastructure. Configuring clustering, caching, security and other such functions can be automated with Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) technology.
- Application life-cycle automation is the process of automating every aspect of the software release process, including:
- Provisioning a development environment.
- Running unit tests.
- Building deployment builds for QA.
- Provisioning integration environments to run integration tests, regression tests, and performance tests.
- Constructing deployment builds for acceptance environments.
- Provisioning acceptance environments.
- Deploying to acceptance environments.
During webcast you’ll learn how Openshift by Red Hat container application platform delivers middleware platform and application life-cycle automation.
Webinar presentation available "on-demand"
Time: 10:00 - 11:00 (CET)
I you have any questions about the webinar send us an email.