An overly complex and highly variable infrastructure significantly reduces economies of scale as they relate to purchasing power, systems administration, technical support, technology alignment, and more. Such an environment presents flexibility, scalability, and efficiency challenges that make it difficult and expensive to keep up with the needs of your business and customers.
To address the growing chaos and inefficiencies of traditional IT, you must be able to provide an architecture for the efficient operation of core workloads while facilitating workload deployment to more agile cloud platforms. As you make plans to upgrade legacy systems and streamline your environment to be more standardized, optimized, and automated, there are a number of things you should consider across the deployment life cycle of your entire stack.
Join this webinar, to learn how to:
- Identify and prioritize your business goals and what can be reasonably achieved.
- Analyze your inventory of server hardware and applications to target inefficient or costly areas.
- Examine the use of emerging container and virtualization technologies, such as OpenStack®, docker, and others.
- Decide the structure of your build and the relationship between the components.
- Analyze risks and expected ROI.
- Determine components as well as the processes, procedures and tools to manage the infrastructure.
Thomas Crowe, senior architect, IT transformation, Red Hat
Marty Wesley, senior product marketing manager, Red Hat
Date: July 23, 2015
Time: 11 a.m. ET
Length: 1 hour
Audience: Business and Technical