JUDCon, the JBoss® Users and Developer Conference and premier JBoss Developer Event, "By Developers, For Developers," is pleased to announce that the call for papers for JUDCon:2011 London (October 31 - November 1) has been extended until September 5, 2011!
Submissions are being accepted for the following tracks:
- JBoss Application Server 7
- Business Rules, Workflow, SOA and Enterprise Application Integration
- Cool Stuff (e.g., if your idea extends beyond the other tracks)
- Speaking Session (60 minutes) – Speaking Session will be single-topic technical sessions with a suggested time breakout of approximately 50 minutes for the presentation and 10 minutes for Q and A.
- Lightning talks (3 to 5 minutes) – Another option is lightning talks, brief talks held after dinner the evening of October 31 that are primarily designed to be a launching pad into hacking, contributing or other focused technical discussions. Lightning talks can be proposed at the event, so come prepared with ideas.
What to submit:
Speaking Session submissions should include:
- Track of your talk.
- Title of your talk (maximum of 100 characters).
- A 100-word (maximum) description of the presentation.
- A 1,500-word (maximum) detailed outline of the presentation.
- Your name and a brief biography.
- Names and bios of any co-presenters.
How to submit:
- Submit your Speaking Session proposals for JUDCon:2011 London via this online form. Please be sure to include all the required content; leaving out details could result in your submission not being selected!
- All submissions must be delivered no later than September 5, 2011.
If your Speaking Session proposal is accepted, you will be notified by September 12, 2011, and the schedule will be posted at www.jboss.org. If selected, you will need to send us your complete presentation, in PDF format only, by October 11, 2011.
If you have any questions about the process or your proposal, please send an email to http://firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "JUDCON QUESTION." To view the agenda for previous JUDCons, including JUDCon 2010 archives, visit http://www.jboss.org/events/JUDCon/2010.html.
Summary of important dates:
- September 5, 2011 — Call for Papers for Speaking Sessions ends
- September 12, 2011 — Selected speakers will be notified and sessions will be posted on http://www.jboss.org
- October 11, 2011 — Presentations, in PDF format only, are due to JUDCon organizers
- October 31 – November 1 — JUDCon:2011 London takes place. Event is co-located with JAX London 2011
We wish you the best of luck with your proposal!