Red Hat Training
Microservices Workshop - Strangling the Monolith
Time: 8:30am - 6:00pm
Venue: Red Hat Singapore - 8 Shenton Way, AXA Tower, Singapore 068811
Target Audience: Architects, Developers, Technical leads -Operations Engineers who has any exposure to Linux containers, whether you have used it or not.
Price: SGD$400 per person
This workshop will start with an overview of latest container technologies like Podman, Buildah and Skopeo with hands-on exercises. In the first half of the day, you will spend time understanding how to work with container images, Dockerfiles, and container registries using the new container technologies. In the second half of the workshop, we will break a monolithic application into microservices and see how you can seamlessly deploy your microservices into a scalable Kubernetes platform powered by Red Hat OpenShift, following industry best practices.
- Introduction to Daemonless Containers - Podman, Buildah and Skopeo
- Build Container Images using buildah
- Deploy Containers using podman
- Manage Container Images using skopeo
- Build and Deploy a Fast-Moving Monolith App.
- Strangle your Monolith App into Microservices.
- Best Practices to follow in MicroServices Architecture.
- Deploy your Fast-Moving MicroServices App into secure and scaleable OpenShift Container Platform.