What’s this workshop about?
Red Hat JBoss hands-on lab: Achieving true agility through microservices, containers, and APIs is designed as a 1-day workshop. The agenda starts with an introduction of modern integration architecture, followed by a discussion on how microservices and the cloud have transformed the integration solution. Next, the workshop provides product details, including demos showcasing how the technologies work.
In this workshop you will:
- Discover how to develop and integrate microservices, integrate traditional database and messaging services on the cloud, and build distributed integration solutions using Red Hat® JBoss® Fuse, Red Hat 3scale API Management Platform, and Red Hat OpenShift.
- Build modular RESTFul APIs and generate Swagger documentation.
- Discuss best practices for building and managing APIs.
- Learn how to containerize the integration application.
- Participate in a hands-on lab using Red Hat OpenShift.
Quick summary of Modern Integration
The software industry is entering a new era of microservices and containers, and, as a result, integrating and connecting smaller discrete services has become more complex. No longer confined to software implementations, enterprise IT departments are increasingly using application programming interfaces (APIs) to unlock core systems and collaborate with partners who often require a hybrid integration solution to move between on-premises enterprise solutions, heavy-lifting applications, and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) on the cloud.
Agile integration enables organizations to:
- Take control of their platform architecture.
- Speed up software delivery by adopting microservices.
- Make solutions modular with APIs.
- Learn how to be cloud-ready by containerizing applications.
- Adopt architecture, technology, and processes to achieve agility.
Registration is now closed.
What will you be doing?
|8:30 am - 9:00 am||introduction & settle in|
|9:00 am – 10:00 am||AGILE INTEGRATION JOURNEY|
|10:00 am – 10:30 am||INTEGRATION DEMO|
|10:30 am – 10:45 am||BREAK|
|10:45 am – 12:30 pm||DISTRIBUTED INTEGRATION AND
|12:30 pm – 1:30 pm||LUNCH|
|1:30 pm – 3:00 pm||API FIRST (LAB)|
|3:00 pm – 3:15 pm||BREAK|
|3:15 pm – 4:45 pm||CONTAINER (LAB)|
|4:45 PM – 5:00pm||Q&A & CLOSING|
*Subject to change
|Date:||10 August 2017|
|Time:||8:30am - 5:00pm|
|Location:||Majestic 3, Level 3, The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur|
Products that will be covered
- Red Hat® JBoss® Fuse
- Red Hat OpenShift
- 3scale by Red Hat
Who should attend
- Integration Developers
- Java™-oriented solution architects
- Development team leads
What you need to bring:
You must bring a suitable laptop / developer machine with:
- Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio v9.1 with Red Hat JBoss Fuse integration stack
- CDK V3.2+
- Maven 3.3+
- JDK 1.8+
- Presentation: Achieving true agility through microservices, containerization and APIs
- Presentation: Red Hat Consulting
- Presentation: Red Hat Training + Certification
- Code download: JBoss Fuse
- Datasheet: Integrate anywhere with Red Hat JBoss Fuse
- Video: Aviva Asia modernizes its business with Red Hat JBoss Middleware
- E-Book: The API owner's manual e-book
- Red Hat JBoss Middleware Blog