Seleziona la tua lingua
The Ansible Network Automation Workshop is a one-day, hands-on workshop covering both Ansible and Ansible Tower. Attendees will learn how to use Ansible to automate network operations, and acquire the skills needed to implement Ansible and Ansible Tower at their organizations.
Note: In this workshop, attendees will be managing network devices, such as Cisco routers.
Red Hat Ansible Engine
- Basic understanding of what Ansible is and how it works with networking devices
- Running ad-hoc Ansible commands from a command line
- Building and execution of playbooks to accomplish basic router connectivity
- Use Case: Backing up network configurations
- Use Case: Create a GRE tunnel
- Use Case: Additional router configurations
- Introduction to Roles: Making playbooks reusable and platform agnostic
Red Hat Ansible Tower
- Installing Ansible Tower
- Configuring Ansible Tower
- Use Case: Creating and running a job template
Who Can Benefit?
This workshop is geared toward network operators, network engineers, cloud administrators, DevOps engineers, security professionals and anyone interested in network automation.
Requirements for Attendees
- An internet connection is required. Attendees must come with a laptop with admin rights and the ability to SSH to a lab environment hosted in a public cloud.
- Attendees should have working knowledge of using SSH and command line shell (BASH) as well as a conceptual understanding of linux system administration (how to use simple commands like cd, ls, mv, mkdir, etc).
- Attendees should have working knowledge of at least one Linux text editor (nano, pico, vi/vim, zile, emacs) with which to write Ansible playbooks.
|8:30 a.m.||Introduction and Settle In|
|8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.||Morning Sessions|
|12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.||Lunch|
|1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.||Afternoon Sessions|
Exercise 1.1 - Exploring the lab environment
Exercise 1.2 - Writing your first playbook
Exercise 1.3 - Module documentation, Registering output & tags
Exercise 2.1 - Using Ansible to update router configurations
Exercise 2.2 - Backing up the router configuration
Exercise 2.3 - Using Ansible to restore the backed up configuration
Exercise 3.1 - An introduction to templating with Jinja2
Exercise 3.2 - Building dynamic documentation using the command parser
Date: Thursday, February 28, 2019
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. MST
Sheraton Denver Tech Center Hotel
7007 S. Clinton Street
Greenwood Village, CO 80112
Venue / Parking Instructions:
Complimentary parking is available near the Conference Center.
If you have any questions please send us an email.