New York, NY, January 24, 2019, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Location: Crowne Plaza Times Square, 1605 Broadway, New York, NY
- Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. local time
- Date: Thursday, January 24, 2019
What you'll learn
Dev Team Track:
- Introduction to cloud-native applications
- Building microservices with Wildfly Swarm, Spring Boot, and Eclipse Vert.x
- Increasing developer productivity with containers
- Resilient and fault-tolerant microservices' continuous integration and continuous delivery
Ops Team Track:
- OpenShift and container-native storage fundamentals
- Introduction to OpenShift platform management
- Introduction to application management on OpenShift
- Application storage management with container-native storage
About the event
The Containers and Cloud-Native Roadshow is a unique hands-on experience for building, deploying, and managing containerized cloud-native applications using industry-standard open source technologies. Focused on educating and enabling attendees based on their role (Ops or Dev), you'll learn how Red Hat® OpenShift changes the way you run mission-critical applications. Ops teams will learn how a secure container platform from Red Hat enables fast and flexible application delivery using microservices and DevOps methodologies. Dev teams will learn how to deliver quality apps faster by building cloud-native applications using OpenShift Application Runtimes (Spring Boot, WildFly Swarm and Vert.x) and OpenShift.
Who should attend
- DevOps engineer
- Application architect
- Infrastructure architect
- Infrastructure specialist
- Enterprise architect
Know before you go
Participants should have a systems administration/storage/operations focus, with the following suggested tools and/or skills:
- An SSH client on your laptop (PuTTY for Windows preferred)
- Competency on the Linux® command line
- A general/high-level understanding of Linux containers (e.g., Docker, CRI-O, etc.)
- A general/high-level understanding of authentication (e.g., LDAP/AD)
Participants are expected to be familiar with general application development concepts and have basic skills with the following:
- Java programming
- Apache Maven build tool
- Linux command line
- Containers and Docker
About Red Hat OpenShift
Built on proven open source technologies, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform lets you streamline and automate development processes and accelerate product life cycles by giving developers more control over their environment and a wider choice of tools and components.
For all attendees:
- A laptop with Windows, Linux, or MacOS
- An SSH client is required with the ability to use private key authentication.
- Windows users are recommended to use PuTTY.
Thursday, January 24, 2019
|8:30 – 9:00 a.m.||Registration/networking/breakfast – break into Ops and Dev tracks|
|9:00 – 9:30 a.m.||Introductions and overview – what to expect from the day|
|9:40 – 10:20 a.m.||Hands-on lab|
|10:30 – 10:45 a.m.||Break|
|10:45 – 12:00 p.m.||Hands-on lab|
|12:00 – 1:00 p.m.||Lunch|
|1:00 – 2:30 p.m.||Hands-on lab|
|2:30 – 2:45 p.m.||Break|
|2:45 – 4:00 p.m.||Closing remarks and questions|
|4:00 p.m.||Day ends|
Mithun has 18+ years of experience in the IT industry designing, delivering, and managing enterprise solutions for global enterprises. He has a background in digital transformation with planning, design, architecture review, delivering of enterprise architecture, and implementing optimized cloud solutions. In his career, he has had extensive experience in infrastructure services, virtualization, microservices, containerization, cloud solutions, business intelligence, technology delivery, and consulting. He also has leadership experience in project management, business development, global partnership, and channel alliances. Prior to Red Hat, Mithun was a senior solutions architect with EMC for 9 years with technical expertise in storage design.
Andre has collaborated with and delivered projects for some of the world's most technically advanced financial service industry organizations, including many of the largest investment banks. Focused on bringing the benefits of participation in the open source ecosystem to highly regulated and secure environments, Andre has over 10 years of practical experience in automating security and compliance. He is currently working with customers to usher in their most critical and legacy, applications and environments to into a cloud native, service-driven paradigm.
Praveen Rajagopalan is a senior solutions architect at Red Hat specializing in OpenShift and Kubernetes. He has over 14 years of industry experience helping customers across different domains with DevOps transformation, cloud, container adoption, and migration. Outside of work, his time is devoted entirely to his family and he dotes on his only daughter.
Crowne Plaza Times Square
New York, NY