Thank you for visiting Red Hat at IoT Solutions World Congress 2017
Far before the broad use of the term IoT, Red Hat has been helping customers and partners achieve their IoT goals. Our open source solutions keep you current in the changing environment that is the IoT, avoiding locking into proprietary technology now that may lock you out of innovation and flexibility in the future.
See how Red Hat and our partners’ solutions can help:
- Bring intelligence to the edge for real-time decision making
- Bridge the gap that exists between IT and operational technology
- Build an IoT platform to deliver internal or external services
- Provide an open source foundation for your IoT solution
Check out the resources we have collected for you below and share them with your team if you find them valuable.
Bridging the gap between OT and IT
Intelligent Gateway for the Internet of Things
An Intelligent Systems Solution for the Internet of Things
Transportation in the Internet of Things
Herzog Technologies builds smarter train control
Watch how to securely collect, analyze, and act on critical IoT data.
Red Hat session
H11 – The OPEN IoT Foundation: Architecture and Use Cases
Speakers: David Bericat, Senior IoT Architect, Red Hat and Marco Carrer, CTO, Eurotech
Date: October 5, 2017
Time: 11:55 - 12:30
Location: Room 3
In this session, Red Hat and Eurotech will discuss their collaboration on open source for IoT, including Kapua, an upstream Eclipse.org project. Kapua is a modular cloud platform that manages and integrates Internet of Things (IoT) gateways, smart edge devices, and the data they generate and represents a key milestone towards the development of a truly open, end-to-end foundation for IoT and its ecosystem of partners and solutions.
Red Hat demos at IoT Solutions World Congress 2017
The Red Hat booth (#E-521) featured 3 IoT demos.
- The Fleet Telematics/Asset Tracking demo showcases how to use a Eurotech intelligent gateway architecture with Red Hat messaging and integration software to collect sensor data from trucks and their contents and act on it in real-time to address quality of service and maintenance issues. The architecture is resilient and functions even when connections to the cloud are lost, making it an ideal solution for IoT on the move.
- Industry 4.0 shows how to use an intelligent IoT gateway along with Cloudera data analytics to run a state-of-the-art manufacturing process that optimizes for performance and minimal downtime using real-time insights gathered from the factory floor.
- The Eclipse Foundation’s IoT Working Group will demonstrate the first open IoT testbed built completely on open source software. The Eclipse IoT Open Testbeds are collaborations between vendors and open source communities to demonstrate and test commercial and open source components needed to create specific industry solutions.