Join Red Hat and Cardinal Solutions in Raleigh on Tuesday, August 14th
Containers have revolutionized the DevOps process, transforming how organizations build, ship, and run applications on any infrastructure.
Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform helps organizations develop, deploy, and manage container-based applications seamlessly across physical, virtual, and public cloud infrastructures based on industry standards, Docker, and Kubernetes. Combined with the power of the Microsoft Cloud via Azure, organizations can accelerate moving existing applications to the cloud, speed the time-to-market of new products, and deliver more innovation to customers.
In this workshop, we will discuss how containers solve many of the challenges for development and operations. We will show you how to start taking advantage of the cloud, without rewriting all of your existing applications. We will demonstrate how Microsoft and Red Hat combined improve speed, scalability, security, innovation and cost to your IT organization.
This workshop is recommended for developers, operations and technical leaders who are interested in learning more about the benefits of using the OpenShift Container Platform on Microsoft Azure.
- Discover why customers are running OpenShift on Azure
- Understand how applications run as containers
- Learn techniques to build and deploy applications using source code, dockerfile, and binaries
- Learn techniques for zero downtime deployments
- Know best practices for persistent storage
- Understand how different applications run as containers e.g., Java, php, go, .NET, etc.
- Find out how to build and deploy a Java EE application from GitHub to OpenShift Container Platform (OCP)
- Learn how JBoss EAP runs on OpenShift and the concepts related to its building, deployment and execution
- Understand how to containerize legacy applications
- Deploy multi-tiered application
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
|9:00 AM||Business Value of Containers|
|9:30 AM||OpenShift Architecture|
|11:00 AM||Containerizing Java EE applications w/ JBoss EAP|
|11:30 AM||Containerizing .NET applications|
|12:45 PM||Hands on Labs (bring your notebook computers!)|
|3:45 PM||Wrap-up Red Hat|
|4:00 PM||Day Ends|
Date: August 14, 2018
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Location: Red Hat Office
190 E Davie St
Raleigh, NC 27601
If you have any questions please send us an email.
Parking is available in the Blount Street Deck at 314 Blount Street, with entrances on both Wilmington Street and Blount Street, and also at the Convention Center Underground Deck at 1 W Lenior Street. You may park in any white or numbered spaces but please do not park in the yellow 3-hour spaces on level P3 or P7. We will validate parking so please bring your ticket with you.