Moving to the cloud without migration
Migrating legacy applications and sensitive data (such as personally identifiable information (PII)) to the cloud introduces challenges that many government agencies may be unable to overcome. Challenges include lack of financial resources or internal expertise for application modernization and concerns over data security, network performance, and compliance.As a result, many agencies continue to host and process their most sensitive data and workloads on-premise or in private clouds despite growing pressure to modernize and reduce costs.
In this webinar, we’ll discuss a Red Hat solution that lets you move and host your legacy government off-the-shelf (GOTS) or commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) applications in a FedRAMP moderate cloud while keeping your most sensitive data on-premise. This on-premise to cloud solution helps you satisfy compliance requirements while improving performance, security, and total cost of ownership.
Attend this webinar to hear more about how you can:
- Process workloads and backups in a Red Hat open source cloud.
- Keep your most sensitive data on-premise.
- Move legacy applications to a private Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) with limited-to-no refactoring.
- Transport data securely over a public internet connection without a virtual private network (VPN) connection.
- Satisfy FedRAMP, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, and other compliance requirements for data protection.
- Prevent dedicated denial of service (DDoS) and man-in-the-middle (MITM) attacks.
Live-event date: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 | 2 p.m. ET
On-demand date: Available for one year afterward.
Bryan J Smith
senior cloud architect, ORock Technologies
Bryan J Smith is a senior cloud architect at ORock Technologies where he provides architecture and consulting services for customers and partners. His primary focus has been post-sales implementation, automation and best practices at financial services and public sector customers for software defined storage (SDS) and high performance computing (HPC). Bryan is LPI Certified Level 3 (LPIC-3) and a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA).
senior vice president of cloud architecture, ORock Technologies
Since 1999, Matt has provided senior leadership for large-scale cloud capabilities across Fortune 500 companies and U.S Department of Defense (DoD) agencies. He has integrated advanced technologies into cloud computing environments that balance business process design and underlying cloud applications.