In this workshop you will:
- Discover how to develop and integrate microservices, integrate traditional database and messaging services on the cloud.
- Build distributed integration solutions using Red Hat® JBoss® Fuse, Red Hat 3scale API Management Platform, and Red Hat OpenShift.
- Build modular RESTFul APIs and generate Swagger documentation.
- Discuss best practices for building and managing APIs.
- Learn how to containerize the integration application.
- Participate in a hands-on lab using Red Hat OpenShift.
The software industry is entering a new era of microservices and containers. As a result, integrating and connecting smaller discrete services has become more complex. No longer confined to software implementations, enterprise IT departments are increasingly using application programming interfaces (APIs) to unlock core systems and collaborate with partners who often require a hybrid integration solution to move between on-premises enterprise solutions, heavy-lifting applications, and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) on the cloud.
Agile integration enables organizations to:
- Take control of their platform architecture.
- Speed up software delivery by adopting microservices.
- Make solutions modular with APIs.
- Learn how to be cloud-ready by containerizing applications.
- Adopt architecture, technology, and processes to achieve agility.
What will you be doing?
|8:30 am - 9:00 am||introductions|
|9:00 am – 10:00 am||AGILE INTEGRATION JOURNEY|
|10:00 am – 11:30 am||APACHE CAMEL DEVELOPMENTS*|
|11:30 am – 12:00 pm||INTEGRATION DEMO|
|12:00 pm – 1:00 pm||LUNCH|
|1:00 pm – 1:30 pm||DISTRIBUTED INTEGRATION AND
|1:30 pm – 3:00 pm||API FIRST (LAB)|
|3:00 pm – 3:15 pm||BREAK|
|3:15 pm – 4:45 pm||CONTAINER (LAB)|
|4:45 PM – 5:00pm||Q&A & CLOSING|
Agenda subject to change
|Date:||15 August 2017|
|Time:||8:30am - 5:00pm|
|Location:||Training Choice, 50 Queen Street, VIC 3000|
Topics at this event include:
- Modern Integration Architecture
- Cloud Integration
- Apache Camel
- Red Hat® JBoss® Fuse
- Red Hat OpenShift
- 3scale by Red Hat
*Special guest presenter:
Claus Ibsen is an Apache Camel expert and senior principal engineer at Red Hat. He is the author of the highly acclaimed “Camel in Action”. Claus works on the fabric8 community project which is an open source integration platform based on Kubernetes. Claus is also currently focused on Syndesis, the latest integration project from Red Hat targeted at non developers.
Who should attend
- Integration Developers
- Java™-oriented solution architects
- Development team leads
What you need to bring:
We provide PCs for the workshop although you may bring and use your own laptop if you prefer. If you are bringing your own laptop, please make sure it has at least 25G of unused disk space, 8GB (16GB preferred) of memory and VirtualBox V5.1.22 installed.
Please sign up for a free 3scale account here before you come to the workshop.register now
Presentation will be shared once the workshop is completed.