We are pleased to announce that Red Hat Satellite 6.3 is now available in beta to current Satellite customers.
Red Hat Satellite is an infrastructure management platform, designed to manage system patching, provisioning, configurations and Red Hat subscriptions across the entirety of a Red Hat environment. Satellite offers a lifecycle management solution to help keep customers’ Red Hat infrastructure running efficiently and with greater security, which can reduce costs and overall complexity.
The Satellite 6.3 beta reflects a continued focus on increasing product stability and usability, along with new and enhanced features designed to meet user needs in the following areas:
Enhanced system provisioning, configuration and content management:
- Red Hat Ansible Tower integration best practices
- Improved ability to manage provisioning templates and pull from GIT
- New custom file-type repositories
- Improved content download policies and synchronization
Improved product security and usability:
- Newly defined and formalized ‘Org Admin’ role
- New OpenSCAP tailoring files
- Notification Drawer feature for Satellite event alerts and messaging
- Future-dated subscription policies
- Cloning tool for cloning an existing Satellite server to a new host
- Renaming tool for changing the Satellite hostname while changing configurations
Updated support for a variety of user needs:
- Increased support for both Puppet 3.8 and 4
- Support for Satellite and Capsule servers running on Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2
- Support for UEFI provisioning
Customers with active Red Hat Satellite subscriptions can test out the new features in Satellite 6.3 beta now at https://access.redhat.com/products/red-hat-satellite/beta.