Registration for this event is closed.
The Red Hat Ansible Network Automation Workshop is a one-day, hands-on workshop covering both Ansible and Ansible Tower. Attendees will learn how to use Ansible to automate network operations, and acquire the skills needed to implement Ansible and Ansible Tower at their organizations.
Note: In this workshop, attendees will be managing network devices, such as Cisco Routers
Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform
- Basic understanding of what Ansible is and how it works with networking devices
- Use Ansible facts with network devices
- Use Jinja to template network configurations
- Understanding Ansible Tower job templates
- Creating Ansible Tower Surveys
- Using the Role Based Access Control (RBAC) feature
- Building Ansible Tower Workflows
Requirements for Attendees
- An internet connection is required. Attendees must come with a laptop with admin rights and the ability to SSH to a lab environment hosted in a public cloud.
- Attendees should have working knowledge of using SSH and command line shell (BASH) as well as a conceptual understanding of linux system administration (how to use simple commands like cd, ls, mv, mkdir, etc).
- Attendees should have working knowledge of at least one Linux text editor (nano, pico, vi/vim, zile, emacs) with which to write Ansible playbooks.
|11:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.||Registration, Introduction and Settle In|
|12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.||Lunch|
|1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Sessions Part 1|
|3:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.||Snacks and drinks|
|3:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.||Sessions Part 2|
Exercise 1.1 - Exploring the lab environment
Exercise 1.2 - Writing your first playbook
Exercise 1.3 - Module documentation, Registering output & tags
Exercise 2.1 - Using Ansible to update router configurations
Exercise 2.2 - Backing up the router configuration
Exercise 2.3 - Using Ansible to restore the backed up configuration
Exercise 3.1 - An introduction to templating with Jinja2
Exercise 3.2 - Building dynamic documentation using the command parser