This event has been canceled.
Join Red Hat for a hands-on technical workshop and learn how to bring new business value to existing applications by developing and deploying with modern architectures and frameworks.
As modern application requirements become more complex, it's apparent that one runtime, one framework, or one architectural style is no longer a feasible strategy. Organizations must figure out how to manage the complexity of distributed app development with diverse technologies, a lack of skilled resources, and siloed processes.
In this full day, hands-on workshop you'll learn about:
- Migrating an existing legacy JavaTM EE app to Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform on OpenShift.
- Using modern frameworks like Spring Boot, Wildfly Swarm, Eclipse Vert.x, and Node.js to implement microservices and replace monolithic functionality.
- Developing and deploying using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes, and DevOps processes.
- The benefits and challenges with microservices, including use cases for reactive microservices.
- Preventing and detecting issues in a distributed system.
Who should attend?
The workshop is ideal for Java developers, architects, and developer team leads interested in learning more about the latest technologies for modern application development.
Lab materials and software will be provided. Attendees must bring a laptop with Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer/Edge 10+, or Safari 9+ installed.
Wednesday, June 20
In this full day workshop you'll learn how to manage the complexity of distributed app development and bring new business value to existing apps by developing and deploying with modern architectures and frameworks.
MOVING EXISTING APPS TO THE CLOUD
DEVELOPER INTRO TO OPENSHIFT
MONOLITHS TO MICROSERVICES PART 1
MONOLITHS TO MICROSERVICES PART 2
REACTIVE MICROSERVICES WITH ECLIPSE VERT.X
PREVENT AND DETECT DISTRIBUTED APP ISSUES
WRAP-UP AND CLOSING REMARKS