Boston, MA, January 15, 2019, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Location: Boston Marriott Newton Hotel, 2345 Commonwealth Avenue, Newton, MA
- Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. local time
- Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2019
What you'll learn
Dev Team Track:
- Introduction to cloud-native applications
- Building microservices with Wildfly Swarm, Spring Boot, and Eclipse Vert.x
- Increasing developer productivity with containers
- Resilient and fault-tolerant microservices' continuous integration and continuous delivery
Ops Team Track:
- OpenShift and container-native storage fundamentals
- Introduction to OpenShift platform management
- Introduction to application management on OpenShift
- Application storage management with container-native storage
About the event
The Containers and Cloud-Native Roadshow is a unique hands-on experience for building, deploying, and managing containerized cloud-native applications using industry-standard open source technologies. Focused on educating and enabling attendees based on their role (Ops or Dev), you'll learn how Red Hat® OpenShift changes the way you run mission-critical applications. Ops teams will learn how a secure container platform from Red Hat enables fast and flexible application delivery using microservices and DevOps methodologies. Dev teams will learn how to deliver quality apps faster by building cloud-native applications using OpenShift Application Runtimes (Spring Boot, WildFly Swarm and Vert.x) and OpenShift.
Who should attend
- DevOps engineer
- Application architect
- Infrastructure architect
- Infrastructure specialist
- Enterprise architect
Know before you go
Participants should have a systems administration/storage/operations focus, with the following suggested tools and/or skills:
- An SSH client on your laptop (PuTTY for Windows preferred)
- Competency on the Linux® command line
- A general/high-level understanding of Linux containers (e.g., Docker, CRI-O, etc.)
- A general/high-level understanding of authentication (e.g., LDAP/AD)
Participants are expected to be familiar with general application development concepts and have basic skills with the following:
- Java programming
- Apache Maven build tool
- Linux command line
- Containers and Docker
About Red Hat OpenShift
Built on proven open source technologies, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform lets you streamline and automate development processes and accelerate product life cycles by giving developers more control over their environment and a wider choice of tools and components.
For all attendees:
- A laptop with Windows, Linux, or MacOS
- An SSH client is required with the ability to use private key authentication.
- Windows users are recommended to use PuTTY.
Tuesday, January 15
|8:30 – 9 a.m.||Registration/networking/breakfast – break into Ops and Dev tracks|
|9 – 9:30 a.m.||Introductions and overview – what to expect from the day|
|9:40 – 10:20 a.m.||Hands-on lab|
|10:30 – 10:45 a.m.||Break|
|10:45 a.m. – 12 p.m.||Hands-on lab|
|12 – 1 p.m.||Lunch|
|1 – 2:30 p.m.||Hands-on lab|
|2:30 – 2:45 p.m.||Break|
|2:45 – 4 p.m.||Closing remarks and questions|
|4 p.m.||Day ends|
Chris is a senior solutions architect at Red Hat (formerly CoreOS). For over 13 years, Chris has been helping Fortune 500 companies across all industry verticals transform the way they build and deliver software. He believes in the adage that if something is painful, then you aren't doing it enough. With that in mind, he aims to make production deployments uneventful, everyday activities. Chris is passionate about all things cloud, DevOps, and containers.
Mithun has 18+ years of experience in the IT industry designing, delivering, and managing enterprise solutions for global enterprises. He has a background in digital transformation with planning, design, architecture review, delivering of enterprise architecture, and implementing optimized cloud solutions. In his career, he has had extensive experience in infrastructure services, virtualization, microservices, containerization, cloud solutions, business intelligence, technology delivery, and consulting. He also has leadership experience in project management, business development, global partnership, and channel alliances. Prior to Red Hat, Mithun was a senior solutions architect with EMC for 9 years with technical expertise in storage design.
Nate has been working as a senior solutions architect at Red Hat for the past 4 years and is based in Westford, Massachusetts. He works closely with strategic customers across the Northeast focusing on platform, management, and automation technologies.
Boston Marriott Newton Hotel
2345 Commonwealth Avenue