Plano, TX, April 19, 2018, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Location: Dallas/Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center, 7121 Bishop Road, Plano, TX
- Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. EST
- Date: Thursday, April 19, 2018
What you'll learn
Dev Team Track:
- Introduction to cloud-native applications
- Building microservices with Wildfly Swarm, Spring Boot, and Eclipse Vert.x
- Increasing developer productivity with containers
- Resilient and fault-tolerant microservices' continuous integration and continuous delivery
Ops Team Track:
- OpenShift and container-native storage fundamentals
- Introduction to OpenShift platform management
- Introduction to application management on OpenShift
- Application storage management with container-native storage
About the event
The Containers and Cloud-Native Roadshow is a unique hands-on experience for building, deploying, and managing containerized cloud-native applications using industry-standard open source technologies. Focused on educating and enabling attendees based on their role (Ops or Dev), you'll learn how Red Hat® OpenShift changes the way you run mission-critical applications.
Who should attend
- DevOps engineer
- Application architect
- Infrastructure architect
- Infrastructure specialist
- Enterprise architect
Know before you go
Participants should have a systems administration/storage/operations focus, with the following suggested tools and/or skills:
- An SSH client on your laptop (PuTTY for Windows preferred)
- Competency on the Linux® command line
- A general/high-level understanding of Linux containers (e.g., Docker, CRI-O, etc.)
- A general/high-level understanding of authentication (e.g., LDAP/AD)
Participants are expected to be familiar with general application development concepts and have basic skills with the following:
- Java programming
- Apache Maven build tool
- Linux command line
- Containers and Docker
About Red Hat OpenShift
Built on proven open source technologies, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform lets you streamline and automate development processes and accelerate product life cycles by giving developers more control over their environment and a wider choice of tools and components.
For all attendees:
- A laptop with Windows, Linux, or MacOS
- An SSH client is required with the ability to use private key authentication.
- Windows users are recommended to use PuTTY.
Thursday, April 19
|8:30 – 9 a.m.||Registration/networking – break into Ops and Dev tracks|
|9 – 9:30 a.m.||Introductions and overview – what to expect from the day|
|9:40 – 10:20 a.m.||Hands-on lab|
|10:30 – 10:45 a.m.||Break|
|10:45 a.m. – 12 p.m.||Hands-on lab|
|12 – 1 p.m.||Lunch|
|1 – 2:30 p.m.||Hands-on lab|
|2:30 – 2:45 p.m.||Break|
|2:45 – 4 p.m.||Closing remarks and questions|
|4 p.m.||Day ends|
About the hosts
Senior Solutions Architect
Since 1998, John has worked as a software engineer, lead architect and pre-sales solution architect to help companies in a myriad of industries deliver applications faster. Previously at Oracle and now at Red Hat, John has worked on strategic customer initiatives and crafted technical solutions that explore new boundaries in enterprise architecture. Since joining Red Hat, John has focused on OpenShift and how this suite of community-inspired innovation is transforming the way IT groups deliver and manage applications at scale.
Sr. Solutions Architect — OpenShift Tiger Team
Christian Hernandez is a Sr. Solutions Architect and an OpenShift specialist at Red Hat and is passionate about open source and what it brings to application development. His background includes infrastructure, front-end web development, and enterprise architecture. He has used open solutions throughout his career and is passionate about sharing that with others.
Cloud Storage Solutions Architect
Shawn Houston is a Red Hat Cloud Storage Solutions Architect bringing over 20 years of High Performance Computing experience to his position. Shawn has been a Red Hat Certified Engineer for more than a decade with a diverse background in programming, security, HPC cluster architecture, and storage systems.
Dallas / Plano Marriott at Legacy Town Center
7121 Bishop Road