Philadelphia, PA, July 24, 2018, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Location: Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, 1201 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. local time
- Date: Tuesday, July 24, 2018
What you'll learn
Dev Team Track:
- Introduction to cloud-native applications
- Building microservices with Wildfly Swarm, Spring Boot, and Eclipse Vert.x
- Increasing developer productivity with containers
- Resilient and fault-tolerant microservices' continuous integration and continuous delivery
Ops Team Track:
- OpenShift and container-native storage fundamentals
- Introduction to OpenShift platform management
- Introduction to application management on OpenShift
- Application storage management with container-native storage
About the event
The Container & Cloud-Native Roadshow is a unique hands-on experience for building, deploying, and managing containerized cloud-native applications using industry-standard open source technologies. Focused on educating and enabling attendees based on their role (Ops or Dev), you'll learn how Red Hat® OpenShift changes the way you run mission-critical applications. Ops teams will learn how a secure container platform form Red Hat enables fast and flexible application delivery using microservices and DevOps methodologies. Dev teams will learn how to deliver quality apps faster by building cloud-native applications using OpenShift Application Runtimes (Spring Boot, WildFly Swarm and Vert.x) and OpenShift.
Who should attend
- DevOps engineer
- Application architect
- Infrastructure architect
- Infrastructure specialist
- Enterprise architect
Know before you go
Participants should have a systems administration/storage/operations focus, with the following suggested tools and/or skills:
- An SSH client on your laptop (PuTTY for Windows preferred)
- Competency on the Linux® command line
- A general/high-level understanding of Linux containers (e.g., Docker, CRI-O, etc.)
- A general/high-level understanding of authentication (e.g., LDAP/AD)
Participants are expected to be familiar with general application development concepts and have basic skills with the following:
- Java programming
- Apache Maven build tool
- Linux command line
- Containers and Docker
About Red Hat OpenShift
Built on proven open source technologies, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform lets you streamline and automate development processes and accelerate product life cycles by giving developers more control over their environment and a wider choice of tools and components.
For all attendees:
- A laptop with Windows, Linux, or MacOS
- An SSH client is required with the ability to use private key authentication.
- Windows users are recommended to use PuTTY.
Tuesday, July 24
|8:30 – 9 a.m.||Registration/networking/breakfast – break into Ops and Dev tracks|
|9 – 9:30 a.m.||Introductions and overview – what to expect from the day|
|9:40 – 10:20 a.m.||Hands-on lab|
|10:30 – 10:45 a.m.||Break|
|10:45 a.m. – 12 p.m.||Hands-on lab|
|12 – 1 p.m.||Lunch|
|1 – 2:30 p.m.||Hands-on lab|
|2:30 – 2:45 p.m.||Break|
|2:45 – 4 p.m.||Closing remarks and questions|
|4 p.m.||Day ends|
About the hosts
Sr. Solutions Architect - PaaS and Container Specialist
Red Hat, Inc.
Samuel Tauil has worked in the computer science and development field for over 18 years. Samuel is a Senior Solution Architect at Red Hat. He joined Red Hat in December 2009. Samuel is part of OpenShift Tiger team and works helping customers to understand their infrastructure and business needs and present them with most appropriate solutions, developing and conducting live demonstrations of Red Hat Cloud portfolio. Samuel lives in Boston and has a BA in Computer Science and works on his MS on CEP area.
Solution Architect Specialist
Ravi Gupta, Solution Architect Specialist for OpenShift and Containers for Red Hat, is responsible for working closely with customers to develop, deploy, and manage Containers. He recently returned to Red Hat after a brief position as a sales engineer with Mesosphere, a company that helps automate production operations for containers. Previously, he worked in consulting services at Amentra, a provider of systems integration services. Ravi resides in Austin, Texas.
Philadelphia Marriott Downtown
1201 Market Street