Today, IT organizations have many options for development technology tools, and the number of choices can be daunting. As modern application requirements become more complex, it’s apparent that one runtime, one framework, or one architectural style is no longer a feasible strategy. Organizations must figure out how to manage the complexity of distributed app development with diverse technologies, a lack of skilled resources, and siloed processes.
Join SD Times and Red Hat to learn about Red Hat’s solution for optimized cloud-native development: Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes. A suite of containerized runtimes that simplifies cloud-native development, Red Hat OpenShift Application Runtimes provides a highly productive and prescriptive developer experience and delivers strategic flexibility without limiting development, testing, deployment, and modernization preferences.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Cloud, containers, DevOps, and the open source Cambrian explosion.
- Migrating existing apps: rehost, replatform, or refactor.
- One size does not fit all: polyglot and developer choice.
- Cloud-native deployment techniques.
- Containerized microservices.
- Future development: Istio service mesh, Kubernetes, and serverless architectures.
- James Falkner, Sr. technical marketing manager, Red Hat
Time: 1:00 pm ET
Duration: 60 minutes