As mobile networks grow and 5G implementations begin, the need for virtualized system infrastructures will be increasingly critical in communications service provider (CSP) deployments—from core to edge. These are the findings of ACG Research and Dr. Ray Mota, ACG Research CEO and Principal Analyst. In this webinar, Mota and Ian Hood, Red Hat's Chief Technologist, Global Service Provider, will reveal how centralized virtualized radio access network (vRAN) architectures enable up to 44% lower total cost of ownership (TCO) than conventional distributed RANs with dedicated hardware.1
They also will discuss:
- The economic advantages of horizontally integrated telecommunications clouds versus silo-based deployments in 4G core applications.
- How supported open source solutions can reduce the TCO of telecommunications cloud deployments compared with do-it-yourself approaches.
- Insights into next-generation 5G and its reliance on virtualized cloud-native distributed infrastructures using modernized networking apps and modular microservices.
- Simulation scenario and business outcomes resulting from 5G’s introduction of new architectural elements in the RAN that will increase operators' motivations for using vRAN designs with the potential to improve their economic benefits.
- How service providers must decide whether to begin virtualization in the growth of the 4G/LTE environment and when to adopt and expand the 5G designs that maximize economic impact.
Live-event date: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 | 11 a.m. ET
On-demand event: Available for one year afterward.