If your IT department is like most, you’re feeling a lot of pressure. Pressure to provide services, resources, and tools faster to your developers. Pressure to respond quickly to your lines of businesses’ constantly evolving needs. And pressure to do it all with limited headcount and on outdated and inflexible IT systems. Therefore you’re probably exploring building out a true DevOps environment. One that includes a highly programmable, automated, scalable, and secure infrastructure to provide everything your developers need to bring applications to market faster. And one that can take full advantage of container technology to help in this quest for speed and flexibility. This webinar will explore this challenge that IT faces. It will discuss the crucial role automation plays at various levels, including the infrastructure level, the virtual machine (VM) level, and the container level. And it will discuss Red Hat’s solution to help you build the IT platforms you need for today and the future.
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How containers can be part of your DevOps transition
- Providing resources and consuming resources - the importance of each
- Why you need automation at all layers
- Two products that can help you achieve this
- What role does OpenStack play and what role does OpenShift play
- Examples of customers who are doing this already
You will also have the chance at to ask questions from Red Hat experts at the end.
- Joe Brockmeier - Senior Principal Product Marketing Manager, Containers
- Erik Jacobs - Principal Technical Marketing Manager, OpenShift
- Pete Pawelski - Principal Product Marketing Manager, OpenStack
Scott McCarty, senior strategist, Red Hat
Date: March 22, 2017
Time: 11:00 a.m. EST
Length: 1 hour