Atlanta, GA, April 9, 2019, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Location: Red Hat Atlanta Training Center, 3340 Peachtree Rd NE #1200, Atlanta, GA
- Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. local time
- Date: Tuesday, April 9, 2019
- Parking: Parking is available in Tower 100. Please bring your ticket to the registration desk for validation.
We are offering the Developer Track ONLY at this location.
What you'll learn
Dev Team Track:
- Introduction to cloud-native applications
- Building microservices with Wildfly Swarm, Spring Boot, and Eclipse Vert.x
- Increasing developer productivity with containers
- Resilient and fault-tolerant microservices' continuous integration and continuous delivery
Ops Team Track:
- OpenShift and container-native storage fundamentals
- Introduction to OpenShift platform management
- Introduction to application management on OpenShift
- Application storage management with container-native storage
About the event
The Containers and Cloud-Native Roadshow is a unique hands-on experience for building, deploying, and managing containerized cloud-native applications using industry-standard open source technologies. Focused on educating and enabling attendees based on their role (Ops or Dev), you'll learn how Red Hat® OpenShift changes the way you run mission-critical applications. Ops teams will learn how a secure container platform form Red Hat enables fast and flexible application delivery using microservices and DevOps methodologies. Dev teams will learn how to deliver quality apps faster by building cloud-native applications using OpenShift Application Runtimes (Spring Boot, WildFly Swarm, and Vert.x) and OpenShift.
Who should attend
- DevOps engineers
- Application architects
- Infrastructure architects
- Infrastructure specialists
- Enterprise architects
Know before you go
Participants should have a systems administration/storage/operations focus, with the following suggested tools and/or skills:
- An SSH client on your laptop (PuTTY for Windows preferred)
- Competency on the Linux® command line
- A general/high-level understanding of Linux® containers (e.g., Docker, CRI-O, etc.)
- A general/high-level understanding of authentication (e.g., LDAP/AD)
Participants are expected to be familiar with general application development concepts and have basic skills with the following:
- Java programming
- Apache Maven build tool
- Linux® command line
- Containers and Docker
About Red Hat OpenShift
Built on proven open source technologies, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform lets you streamline and automate development processes and accelerate product life cycles by giving developers more control over their environment and a wider choice of tools and components.
For all attendees:
- A laptop with Windows, Linux®, or MacOS
- An SSH client is required with the ability to use private key authentication.
- Windows users are recommended to use PuTTY.
Tuesday, April 9, 2019
|8:30 – 9:00 a.m.||Registration/networking/breakfast – break into Ops and Dev tracks|
|9:00 – 9:30 a.m.||Introductions and overview – what to expect from the day|
|9:30 – 10:30 a.m.||Hands-on lab|
|10:30 – 10:45 a.m.||Break|
|10:45 – 12:00 p.m.||Hands-on lab|
|12:00 – 1:00 p.m.||Lunch|
|1:00 – 2:30 p.m.||Hands-on lab|
|2:30 – 2:45 p.m.||Break|
|2:45 – 4:00 p.m.||Closing remarks and questions|
|4:00 p.m.||Day ends|
Red Hat Atlanta Training Center
3340 Peachtree Rd NE #1200