While Red Hat® OpenShift Online provides a quick way for developers to experience Red Hat OpenShift, administrators and operations staff have lacked a way to evaluate Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform for deployment —until now.
The new Red Hat OpenShift for Ops test drive for operations is designed to simulate Red Hat OpenShift administration in a hands-on, realistic environment. Test-drive evaluators get their own full, multinode OpenShift Container Platform clusters—running in the cloud—for experimentation. As part of the guided exercises, evaluators can also experience Red Hat Gluster Storage-based container-native storage (CNS), which provides a common persistent storage experience for OpenShift Container Platform applications and infrastructure across hybrid and multiple clouds.OBJECTIVES
Designed to augment, and not replace, formal Red Hat Training, the test drive is designed to provide a user-friendly, low-friction way for evaluators to:
- Become comfortable with the operational responsibilities of Red Hat OpenShift and CNS administration.
- Judge the operational maturity levels of their organizations to run OpenShift Container Platform.
- Begin planning for internal proofs of concept (POCs).
The overarching goal is to allow administrators and operators to experience and explore Red Hat OpenShift and CNS in a realistic, controlled environment and thereby lower the barrier to adoption.GUIDED LAB EXERCISES
The test drive includes three hours of guided lab exercises, which evaluators must complete in one eight-hour period. These guided labs expose users to different administrative and operational tasks within both Red Hat OpenShift and CNS. After completing all exercises, evaluators should have a basic understanding of the following features of Red Hat OpenShift:
- Installation and base configuration with CNS
- Authentication configuration, including user and group management
- Quota and limits management
- Application basics, including application health management
- Management and maintenance tasks with CNS
- Scale-out with CNS
- Red Hat OpenShift Online
Hosted Red Hat OpenShift platform for individuals and small teams.
- Red Hat OpenShift Dedicated
A dedicated, hosted Red Hat OpenShift environment for your organization, managed by Red Hat.
- Red Hat OpenShift Container Developer Kit (CDK)
A prebuilt virtual machine image designed for the developer to get started with creating containers using Red Hat OpenShift.
- Red Hat OpenShift training from Red Hat Training
An array of Red Hat OpenShift training and certifications for both administrators and developers. https://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/do180-introduction-containers-kubernetes-red-hat-openshift https://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/do280-red-hat-openshift-administration-i
- Red Hat Gluster Storage
A software-defined storage platform designed to handle the requirements of traditional file storage.