ProductsDesktop Server OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Satellite Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportAccelerate Automate Integrate Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal A-MQ Fuse BRMS Fuse Service Works Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Across industries and around the world, organizations rely on Red Hat®
Enterprise Linux® to replace their UNIX workloads, reduce operating costs, and increase flexibility—all with hardware-vendor neutrality.
Choosing Red Hat Enterprise Linux as your platform gives you the flexibility and stability you need to innovate and evolve with the demands of the business.
BENEFITS OF MIGRATING TO RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX
Get reliability, performance at a lower cost
- As cost and budget pressures increase, choose a platform your CFO will love.
- TCO calculator
- Lowering the cost of IT
- Forrester: TEI study and webinar
- Customer case studies
Run the workloads that drive your business
- If your performance and capacity demands are increasing, it's time to migrate. Because the rate of improvement in industry-standard servers hasn't just caught up to that of RISC platforms—it has surpassed it. See for yourself.
- Application performance of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- TPC-C benchmark performance and price/performance using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 (using IBM DB2)
- Virtualized Oracle database deployments using Red Hat Enterprise Linux with KVM
- Performance benchmarks
- Reference architectures
Increase agility to meet business needs
- If you want to keep pace with shifting markets and changing business needs, Red Hat Enterprise Linux delivers the agility, adaptability, and speed to do what's most important, even when faced with an uncertain future.
- IDC: Linux in the mainstream
- UNIX migration alternatives whitepaper and webinar
- Gartner: UNIX to Linux migration newsletter and video
We're seeing performance that is easily twice as fast as we experienced under AIX. We also reduced our total hardware and operating system licensing costs by 25—30 percent. The case in favor of Red Hat Enterprise Linux over AIX is an open and shut one.Travelers
We knew that with Red Hat, we could worry less about the application certifications, and focus more on proving the business case to secure buy-in from the entire IT organization.Verizon
11 QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CIO
The best answers start with the right questions. Learn the right questions to ask when you're trying to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
CHECK THE SCOREBOARD
Red Hat Enterprise Linux has the leading scores on SpecWeb, SpecJBB, and over 1.2 million transactions per second on TPC-C on multicore x86 servers.