Enable Sysadmin Sudoers program
The Sudoers program recognizes our most trusted and committed Enable Sysadmin contributors. Authors who participate in this program receive additional benefits and are recognized for their impact on this sysadmin community.
Benefits of the Sudoers program
All Sudoers have access to perks of the program as thanks for their contribution and ongoing collaboration. The greatest feature of this program is the ongoing relationship members build with the Enable Sysadmin editors and each other. Other benefits include:
- Priority access to a global publishing platform
- Invitation to join an international community of sysadmin advocates
- Featured on the Sysadmin site as a member of the Sudoer program
- Exclusive editorial support from the staff including headline research and coaching to become the best author you can be
- Visibility into site statistics that drive readership
- Invitation to our behind-the-scenes editorial roundtable
- Encouragement to list Enable Sysadmin as a highlight on your resume as you pursue career growth, job applications, and book deals
- Customized, Red Hat branded swag
Run level 3 club
The Run level 3 club is a group of contributors who have three articles published on Enable Sysadmin as the sole author or as a co-author. It is a one-time recognition and accomplishment in our community on your way to becoming a Sudoer should you choose to do so.
How do I become a Sudoer?
This recognition is for site authors who have the greatest impact on the community through consistent contribution. That is defined as:
Publishing at least three articles in the last six months, with a commitment to publish three more articles before the end of the calendar year.
New members would be reviewed each month. Contributors who get 10 articles published in a 12-month period achieve root level access with additional perks (to be determined).
To remain in the program, Sudoers membership will be reviewed every year in January to congratulate members who met the six-article requirement and to maintain their membership.
What is expected of me as a Sudoer?
While membership is a recognition for past contributions, there are opportunities to make the most of the program. We encourage our members to keep their writing cadence to maintain their status and have some suggested expectations below. Members can optionally take advantage of regular activities to support the community by participating in the Enable Sysadmin Sudoers program:
- Participate in a video chat or email to discuss your editorial goals and article edits
- Help promote yourself and peers on social media and syndication networks
- Share your comments, takeaways, or observations about the site statistics
- Support your fellow Sudoers from the Enable Sysadmin community online over a video call or in-person at your favorite conference
For Sudoers, participation is about sharing through writing, encouraging others, learning together, and remaining kind to one another. The greatest feature of the program is the ongoing relationship built between all members.
How do I get started?
It all starts by sharing your sysadmin stories and experiences. Once you get your first article published on the site, you are on the path toward becoming a Sudoer. Let us know you are interested in membership and we can coach you along the way.
After you have three articles published, you become part of the Run Level 3 Club. At this point, you may opt into the Sudoer program.
First, apply to join our community of writers by completing and submitting the Enable Sysadmin community webform. Second, contact the Enable Sysadmin team and let us know what topics you have experience in or would like to learn more about through research and writing.
- Membership includes an agreement to the site terms and conditions and community guidelines
- Eligibility is reviewed on a monthly cadence and reported back to community members
- Given the amount of investment and 1:1 attention members receive, there are limitations to participation numbers
- We do not guarantee or require membership of all contributors who are eligible, and we appreciate all those who can participate in a way that works for their schedule
- All members of the Sudoers program receive the same benefits from the time they achieve the benefit through January of the next calendar year
- Membership does mean Enable Sysadmin staff will reach out regularly to support your continued membership in the following year
- If, for any reason, members no longer wish to participate, send an email to the editorial staff and we will remove you from the program
Are you interested in contributing but not sure if this is the right program for you? Contact the Enable Sysadmin team. We are here to help you share your sysadmin stories and your expertise with our community.