ProductsDesktop Server OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Satellite Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportAccelerate Automate Integrate Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal A-MQ Fuse BRMS Fuse Service Works Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Red Hat OpenStack Administration with Exam (CL211) course outline
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform architecture
- Understand Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform features and terminology.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform installation
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform using packstack and Foreman.
- Create an instance with the Horizon web front-end.
Qpid message broker
- Install and configure the Qpid message broker service.
- Secure Qpid using authentication and encryption.
Keystone identity service
- Install, configure, and use the Keystone authentication services.
Swift object storage service
- Install, configure, and use the Swift object storage service.
Glance image service
- Install and use the Glance image service.
Cinder block storage service
- Install the Cinder block storage service.
- Manage Cinder volumes.
- Install, configure, and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform networking service.
Nova compute and controller services
- Install Nova compute and controller services.
- Deploy an instance from the command line.
Implement an additional compute node
- Learn to add and remove additional Nova compute nodes.
Heat orchestration service
- Install the Heat orchestration service.
- Launch a stack using preconfigured templates
Ceilometer metering service
- Install and manage the ceilometer metering service.
The future of the OpenStack development community
- Learn about the future of OpenStack.
- Review the installation and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact a training specialist online or at 1-866-626-2994.