ProductsDesktop Server OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Satellite Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportAccelerate Automate Integrate Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal A-MQ Fuse BRMS Fuse Service Works Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management (RH401) course outline
Learn how to install Red Hat Satellite server and use it to deploy and manage systems
Essential system management
- Set high-level goals for effective system management.
Install Red Hat Satellite
- Install a Red Hat Satellite server, and populate it with software channel content.
Red Hat Satellite organization
- Create and manage Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and system groups.
Use Subversion to manage changes
- Initialize and configure a Subversion repository, start a new Subversion project, and manage revisions using Subversion.
Red Hat Satellite client configuration
- Register client machines with Red Hat Satellite both interactively and in automated ways.
Red Hat Satellite software management
- Configure Red Hat Satellite with custom and cloned software channels to manage software updates on client systems.
Build RPM packages
- Create RPM packages for use with Red Hat Satellite to enable the deployment of programs and files on client systems.
Configuration file management with Satellite
- Use Red Hat Satellite to deploy individual configuration files to client systems.
Provision with Red Hat Satellite
- Use Red Hat Satellite to provision Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems from bare-metal.
Red Hat Satellite administration
- Perform Red Hat Satellite maintenance functions including embedded database management, activate Satellite with a new entitlement certificate, and export custom software channel content.
Red Hat Satellite API and reports
- Use the Red Hat Satellite API to produce simple reports and perform basic administrative tasks.
Red Hat Satellite virtual machine management
- Manage Red Hat Satellite entitlements and create kickstart profiles that will provision virtualization hosts and virtualized guests.
- Review course material and deploy a Red Hat Satellite server.
NOTE: Course outline is subject to change with technology changes and as nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic please contact a training specialist at 1-866-626-2994.