Red Hat Summit -- the unofficial start of summer technology discussions and the official conference for all things open source -- begins tomorrow. For attendees, there are a handful of links to keep handy so that you can hit the sessions, booths, demos, and after-hours events that make Summit so awesome.
Even if you can't attend this year (or since, realistically, no human being can attend everything going on at Summit), here is a round-up of social media channels and people to follow so you can dip your toe into the Summit experience.
**NEW** Interesting Personal Accounts
A lot of the people presenting at Summit or working in the DevZone and Partner booths have a social media presence all their own. It's definitely worth tracking what they're doing at Summit, and after. A handful:
- Christian Posta - @christianposta
- Eric Schabell - @ericschabell
- Claus Ibsen - @davsclaus
- Edson Yanaga - @yanaga
- Gordon Haff - @ghaff
- Thomas Cameron - @thomasdcameron
- Diogenes Rittori - @rittori
- EG Nadhan - @nadhaneg
- Grant Shipley - @gshipley
- Burr Sutter - @burrsutter
All of the Red Hat Summit general sessions will be live-streamed on theCube, along with interviews and round tables throughout the day. Previous years' Summits are also available in theCube archives or on our Red Hat Summit YouTube channel.
Live streams of note:
- Morning general sessions, Tuesday and Wednesday, 8:30am
- Press conference, with live Q&A, Tuesday, 11am
- Afternoon general sessions, Tuesday and Wednesday, 1:45pm
- The Future of Java interview with Mike Piech and Mark Little, Wednesday
- Closing general session, Thursday, 8:30
Follow the #RHSummit hastag -- use it to be part of the conversation.
- Twitter: @RedHatSummit and @RedHatEvents
- Instagram (by tag): https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/redhatsummit/
- Blog: http://eventsblog.redhat.com/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9CjkhQp1jX8Hbtbg6OZ9dw
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/redhatsummit/
Middleware-Related Social Media
- Twitter: @JBoss and also @OpenShift
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jboss
- Openshift blog: https://blog.openshift.com/
- Services blog: http://servicesblog.redhat.com/
- Partners twitter: @RedHatPartners
Main Red Hat Sites
About the author
Deon Ballard is a product marketing manager focusing on customer experience, adoption, and renewals for Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Red Hat Enterprise Linux is the foundation for open hybrid cloud. In previous roles at Red Hat, Ballard has been a technical writer, doc lead, and content strategist for technical documentation, specializing in security technologies such as NSS, LDAP, certificate management, and authentication / authorization, as well as cloud and management.