Learn to automate all things networking with Ansible products at our one-day, hands-on technical workshop.
Join our technical experts from ExitCertified for a one-day, hands-on workshop. You’ll get a comprehensive overview of Red Hat Ansible Engine and then dive into an overview of Red Hat Ansible Tower and how they work together in typical networking environments. You will be equipped with the skills to take this back to your company and implement right away.
Red Hat Ansible Engine
- Basic understanding of what Ansible is and how it works with networking devices
- Running ad-hoc Ansible commands from a command line
- Building and execution of playbooks to accomplish basic router connectivity
- Use Case: Backing up network configurations
- Use Case: Create a GRE tunnel
- Use Case: Additional router configurations
- Introduction to Roles: Making playbooks reusable and platform agnostic
Red Hat Ansible Tower
- Installing Ansible Tower
- Configuring Ansible Tower
- Use Case: Creating and running a job template
Who Can Benefit
Network operators, network engineers, cloud administrators, DevOps engineers, security professionals and anyone interested in network automation.
- Attendees should have working knowledge of using network device CLI as well as a conceptual understanding of network concepts (Cisco, Juniper, Arista, etc.), DevOps, and distributed application architecture.
- Attendees should have working knowledge of using SSH and command line shell (BASH).
- Attendees must come with a laptop with admin rights and the ability to connect to a lab environment hosted in a public cloud.
Space is limited to 40 participants so be sure to reserve your spot today!
The day’s hands-on workshops include the following approximate agenda:
|8:30 a.m.||Introduction and settle in|
|9:00 a.m.||What is Ansible and The Ansible Way, Lab: Installing Ansible|
|9:30 a.m.||How Ansible Works and its Key Components, Lab: Ad-Hoc Commands|
|11:00 a.m.||Lab: A Simple Playbook Run|
|1:00 p.m.||Lab: A More Practical Playbook|
|1:30 p.m.||What is Ansible Tower, Lab: Installing Ansible Tower|
|2:30 p.m.||Lab: Ansible Tower Basic Setup and Job Run|
|3:00 p.m.||Lab: Ansible Tower Using a Survey|
Date: August 7, 2018
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Location: Ross Executive Learning and Conference Center
710 E University Ave
Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Parking and Directions: Park in the Forest Street parking structure. The meeting will be held on the 3rd floor of the Blau building. Enter the building from 710 East University Avenue using the Blau entrance (not the Executive Residence entrance). Look for directional signage.
If you have any questions please send us an email.