Data-driven applications in the cloud often consist of several components that must ingest, process, and publish their data to users. Deploying and integrating it all on a bare-metal or virtual platform can prove difficult for any organization. Orchestrating and assembling these components on a cloud platform presents a new set of challenges to engineers, operators, and data scientists.
However, by combining Apache Spark's deployment methodology with Kubernetes' proven capability for repeatable integration patterns, it’s easy to create insightful analytics applications. In this webinar, we'll discuss:
- A case study of an Apache Spark-based, data-driven application developed by a distributed team and deployed onto a containerized cloud platform.
- Build on experiences learned while creating insightful applications for the Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform.
- Explore common practices that lead to increased collaboration and decreased time to market.
- Present a demo of how to develop, deploy, and upgrade application pipelines.
The OpenStack® Word Mark and OpenStack Logo are either registered trademarks / service marks or trademarks / service marks of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries and are used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation or the OpenStack community.
- Michael McCune, software developer, Red Hat
Date: Thursday, April 13, 2017
Time: 11 a.m. EDT / 8 a.m. PDT
Duration: 60 minutes