CHALLENGE AND SOLUTION
Windows environments are key components to the infrastructure of just about any organization, and the ability to automate these environments is critical to the success of these organizations. Many automation options exist, yet most have downsides. Some are proprietary tools that work well for Windows but are not flexible enough to use for the rest of the infrastructure. Others have the ability to automate against other devices, but they attempt to force one method to automate all, which does not always yield the best results.
What if you could have the best of both worlds: a tool that can automate all of your infrastructure, including Windows, yet is built specifically to work well with Windows devices? Red Hat® Ansible® Automation Platform is that tool. It is a proven leader in automating different aspects of an organization’s environment, including network, Linux®, storage, security, and more.
Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform is customized to work with specific types of devices—no fitting a square peg into a round hole. Windows requires that same customization. Windows should be automated for Windows with technology built for Windows. Red Hat Ansible Automation uses PowerShell and Windows Remote Management (WinRM) to maximize the capabilities of Windows and Ansible alike.
Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform allows your Windows teams to:
- Use the same simple, powerful, and agentless automation framework that IT operations and development staff are already using.
- Benefit from a wide variety of community and vendor-generated modules (more than 100) and roles to help accelerate your Windows automation projects.
- Use PowerShell and WinRM with the ease and simplicity of the human-readable Ansible Playbooks and Ansible roles.
With Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform, your Windows teams can perform the following tasks:
- Install and uninstall Microsoft Installer files.
- Gather facts on Windows hosts.
- Enable and disable Windows features.
- Start, stop, and manage Windows Services.
- Create and manage local users and groups.
- Manage Windows packages via Chocolatey package manager.
- Install and manage Windows updates.
- Fetch files from remote sites.
- Push and execute PowerShell scripts.
BACKED BY THE POWER OF COMMUNITY
Open source and collaboration are at the heart of the Ansible community, extending the capabilities of the technology. In 2018, Ansible was in the top 10 open source projects on GitHub. Contributions for modules, roles, and features come in from the community at large and from vendors, partners, and Red Hat. With a combination of meetups, Slack and IRC channels, mailing lists, and Ansible Galaxy, you will always be supported and in great company:
EXTEND WINDOWS AUTOMATION WITH ANSIBLE
When you need to roll out Windows automation capabilities across your team, Red Hat Ansible works with Ansible’s Windows support without any custom configuration. It helps you scale IT and network automation, manage complex deployments, and speed productivity. You can centralize and control your IT infrastructure with a visual dashboard, role-based access control, job scheduling, integrated notifications, and graphical inventory management. Red Hat Ansible Automation Platform's RESTful application programming interface (API) and command-line interface (CLI) allow it to be easily embedded in existing tools and processes.