[linux-lvm] one PV crashed

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Thu Feb 7 03:41:02 UTC 2002

Quoting "Heinz J . Mauelshagen" <mauelshagen at sistina.com>:

> On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 12:01:29PM +0100, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> > Quoting Turbo Fredriksson <turbo at bayour.com>:
> >
> > > [papadoc.root]# vgcfgrestore -f /etc/lvmconf/vg1.conf -n vg1 /dev/loop0
> > > vgcfgrestore -- physical volume "/dev/loop0" doesn't belong to volume group "vg1"
> > >
> > > [papadoc.root]# vgcfgrestore -f /etc/lvmconf/vg1.conf -n vg1 -o /dev/sdg1 /dev/loop0
> > > vgcfgrestore -- ERROR "pv_read(): pv_create_name_from_kdev_t" reading physical volume "/dev/loop0"
> > >
> > > [papadoc.root]# pvdisplay -v /dev/loop0
> > > pvdisplay -- getting physical volume size
> > > pvdisplay -- ERROR "pv_read(): pv_create_name_from_kdev_t" no VALID physical volume "/dev/loop0"
> >

> > Does anyone have a solution to this? What am I doing wrong?
>
> Turbo,
>
> you seem to be using an older LVM version with broken loop support :-(
> Found a bug in vgcfgrestore(8) which will likely cause problems with this too.
> More to follow...

Dang! My LVM version is: 1.0.1-rc4

I'll try the other solution, with a separate harddisk. I borrowed a 18Gb disk to at least hold
SOME of the data I and my users are collecting (mail etc) :)

smuggle Honduras Iran class struggle Treasury PLO Serbian colonel spy
nuclear president FSF assassination Soviet kibo