[katello-devel] Info: rubygem-popen incompatibility

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Wed Jul 25 15:44:43 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 05:03:49PM +0200, Miroslav Suchy wrote:
> On 07/25/2012 03:36 PM, Jason Rist wrote:
> >Forgive my ignorance, but what is an ABI change?
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_binary_interface

Short answer: We (Red Hat) are making sure you can compile program X on
RHEL 6.1 and run it on RHEL 6.8 without any issues. If there is any,
it's a RHBZ ;-)

But in this case it's probably not, because we are doing RHEL 6.3->6.2
which is I believe not supported at least. But something changed,
apparently.

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine