[Open-scap] OpenSCAP 1.2.0 coming soon

Simon Lukasik slukasik at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 17:15:57 UTC 2014

On 10/23/2014 06:52 PM, Martin Preisler wrote:
> [...]

I agree, that maint-1.1 would be short-lived. And I agree that having
many maintenance branches would be overhead. Don't take me wrong, but up
to certain point I don't care if a branch is short lived or not.

Instead, I try to optimize my workflow, and my best judgment told me to
release now. However, after your feedback it feels that my inner
judgment is not discounting the maintenance burden put on others.

So here is the thought, what about dropping maint-1.1 after 1.2.0
release and maintain only maint-1.0, maint-1.2 and master branch?

> I simply want to push for more long term planning, where long term
> doesn't mean 2 months. At this pace we will be maintaining tens of
> feature branches in a few years.
>
>> I am sorry that you are having hard times rebasing scap-workbench to new
>> API. I didn't dropped a single API call. I only deprecated couple of
>> them. I made sure to keep all the deprecated calls working. So, I am
>> surprised, there are problems.
>
> I am not having a hard time, but I am having "a time". As anyone who
> is using the API would. This is *absolutely normal* and expected.

Happy to hear that! I've misunderstood your sentiment then.

--
Simon Lukasik
Security Technologies, Red Hat, Inc.