As your Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® environment continues to grow, so does the need to manage these environments to a high standard of quality. Red Hat Satellite is an easy-to-use system management platform that helps keep your Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems running efficiently, properly secured, and compliant with various standards.
Robust system admin capabilities
Features include Red Hat Enterprise Linux system provisioning, patch management, configuration management, and subscription introspection and ongoing management.
Security with centralized, on-premise management
The web interface shows the status, so you know if systems need important patch or configuration changes. With a few clicks, you can implement important updates across your environment.
Generate Red Hat Satellite command-line reports, and collect and report on critical crash information using the Automatic Bug Reporting Tool feature.
A Red Hat Satellite instance can pull content from another, giving you finer control over access permissions between your Red Hat Satellite servers.
Easily manage tens, hundreds, or thousands of Linux systems as easily as 1. Red Hat Satellite is designed for Red Hat Enterprise Linux management. Compared to other enterprise solutions, it’s less complex and less costly to implement. And unlike homegrown solutions, it follows best practices and scales to manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux efficiently.Compare Red Hat Satellite service levels and architectures
A recent IDC return-on-investment (ROI) study found the average payback period for the initial Red Hat Satellite investment to be less than 7 months. That’s because Red Hat Satellite more efficiently manages your Linux systems, lowering per-system deployment and management costs. It also helps control costs by:
- Letting you easily standardize machine configurations.
- Vastly improving system-to-administrator ratios by automating patch and configuration management, provisioning, and monitoring.
- Reducing errors and inconsistencies.
- Allowing junior-level administrators to perform senior admin tasks, which are organized in an intuitive interface.
You can perform a simple hot, or online, backup of the Red Hat Satellite Server without scheduling downtime. And to further keep your systems up and running, Red Hat Satellite sends you alerts on system performance so you can quickly take action to ensure optimal performance.
Red Hat Satellite provisioning and configuration capabilities let you roll out new systems in just minutes. With advanced automation capabilities, you can also add more systems without adding more administrators. By spending less time on these tasks, your admins can focus on higher-value activities.
An installation option lets you deploy the Red Hat Satellite admin-managed (embedded) database on a separate Red Hat Enterprise Linux system. This provides significant scaling without requiring the expertise of a database administrator.
Unlike system management applications that are set up individually, the solution from Red Hat is more scalable and delivers more powerful performance—and this provides the investment protection and guarantee viability we need.Thomas Richter
Group leader, Client Delivery for IT Services
Our training courses are hands-on and role-based. This means students stay at their keyboards for up to 80% of a course, boosting the retention of skills they'll use every day. We offer several convenient ways to train and save, with training facilities around the world. Visit our student center to learn more, or read some training success stories.
- Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management (RH401)
Understand the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale deployment and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
Let Red Hat Consulting help you deploy Red Hat Satellite. We offer flexible engagement models to help meet your IT goals. Have unallocated end-of-year budget? Consider using Consulting Units to secure resources you'll need in the upcoming year—without committing to a specific topic up front.
- Red Hat Pathway to Operational Efficiency
Reduce deployment time, improve management, lower cost, and standardize.
- System management engagement
Establish an efficient, scalable IT environment.
Collaboration is a pillar of the open source community. And it’s how Red Hat approaches support. Connect to Red Hat Support to access industry-leading technical resources available in our award-winning Red Hat Customer Portal anywhere, any time.
In keeping with the open source way, we like to keep the lines of communication open. So whether you’re a customer or just interested in learning more, connect with us. We’re eager to answer questions.
- Red Hat Satellite: Management and automation of your Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment
- Red Hat Satellite FAQs
- IDC study: Measuring business impact and ROI of Linux management with Red Hat Satellite
- Linux made easy: Migrating from Windows
- Integrating Red Hat Satellite into existing frameworks
- The hidden costs and headaches of do-it-yourself systems management
- ETH Zurich
- With the introduction of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Satellite as a sophisticated life-cycle management solution, ETH Zurich can now enjoy efficient, flexible, and scalable operation of its centralized server environment as well as the workstation and server infrastructure in its departments, institutes, and professorships.
- Munich Airport
- For management, Munich Airport uses Red Hat Satellite to connect as many systems as possible. The implementation of individual processes, such as change and availability management, was greatly simplified by the administration tools.
- The introduction of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Satellite helps ING-DiBa achieve increased efficiency, performance, and scalability.