You need to rapidly deliver new products and services to your customers and partners to stay competitive. But with limited resources and assets across hybrid cloud environments, you struggle to both meet new requirements and efficiently maintain existing systems.
Red Hat® JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform (EAP), a market-leading*, fully certified Java™ EE platform, gives you a single platform to quickly develop and deploy applications anywhere–on-premise, in virtualized environments, or in the cloud. You can accelerate application development while maintaining enterprise-class performance, security, and scalability.
*Gartner, Inc. "Magic Quadrant for On-Premises Application Platforms" by Daniel Sholler, Yefim V. Natis, Massimo Pezzini, Kimihiko Iijima, Jess Thompson, Ross Altman , 27 June 2013
Accelerate your time to market
Keep pace with rapid line-of-business requests for new and updated applications.
Achieve world-class developer productivity
Develop fast with a lean Java EE 6-supported platform and a wide range of developer tools that promotes productivity and responsiveness.
Be nimble with DevOps
Bring your operations and development teams closer together using DevOps practices, which includes continuous development, testing, and integration tooling.
Develop and deploy full Java EE apps in the cloud
Prototype and launch applications fast in OpenShift by Red Hat and other cloud environments.
Manage with flexibility
Programmatically manage your applications and automate processes as you build and integrate with your own management tools and technologies.
Maintain reliability, security, and stability
Innovate while meeting performance, compliance, security, and regulatory requirements.
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform with Management
This offering includes:
- JBoss Application Server
- The market-leading, fully certified Java EE 6 application server.
- Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio
- Everything you need to develop, test, and deploy rich web applications, enterprise applications, and service-oriented architecture (SOA) services.
- Red Hat JBoss Web Framework Kit
- A package of developer frameworks and tools to help speed productivity for web and mobile application development.
- Red Hat JBoss Operations Network
- A management platform providing monitoring, provisioning, and advanced management capabilities for your entire JBoss implementation.
JBoss EAP 6 was created with cloud in mind from the very beginning. In fact, it is the first Java EE server offered in Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) architectures (including OpenShift by Red Hat). JBoss EAP's modular architecture is based on a services-driven set of components that greatly simplifies how applications can be deployed in different environments.
JBoss EAP has been optimized for simplified deployment and high performance in any environment—multicore, virtual, or cloud. The platform occupies an extremely low memory footprint and offers blazing fast start-up times, efficient resource utilization, and port management. Enterprise features such as failover, caching, intelligent load balancing, and distributed deployment means JBoss EAP can handle even the most demanding enterprise deployments.
JBoss EAP allows developers to be more productive and responsive to line-of-business demands with support for Java EE and a wide range of Java virtual machine frameworks, such as Spring, Struts, and Google Web Toolkit (GWT). And with JBoss EAP for OpenShift Enterprise, developers can take advantage of self-service application provisioning, simplified stack management, and application auto-scaling to innovate quickly and launch without worrying about getting the right environments up and running.
What good is a cloud-ready application server if it requires a costly licensing migration to reap its value? The Red Hat subscription model not only takes upfront licensing out of the equation, it also gives you more flexibility as your architecture changes.
Want to deploy in a public cloud like Amazon Web Services? No problem. Want to implement virtualization or run on a portion of your hardware architecture? We can do that. It's all part of the Red Hat subscription model.
Our training courses are hands-on and role-based. This means students stay at their keyboards for up to 80% of a course, boosting the retention of skills they'll use every day. We offer several convenient ways to train and save, with training facilities around the world. Visit our student center to learn more, or read some training successes.
- Red Hat JBoss Application Administration
Learn the essential, real-world tasks that a system administrator needs to know to effectively deploy and manage applications on Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
- Advanced JBoss Administration - coming soon
Learn how to deploy and administer Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform in large-scale production environments.
Employers notice Red Hat certifications. They know that to become Red Hat Certified Professionals, candidates must complete real-world tasks using our technologies—not just answer questions about them. Build your career by getting certified. We offer multiple exam locations and ways to train.
- Red Hat Certified JBoss Developer (RHCJD)
Build Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) applications for deployment on Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform or other Java EE-compliant platforms.
- Red Hat Certified JBoss Administrator (RHCJA)
Install, configure, and manage JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, and deploy and manage applications on that platform.
Let Red Hat Consulting help you successfully deploy Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform. We offer flexible engagement models to help meet your IT goals. Have unallocated end-of-year budget? Consider using Consulting Units to secure resources you'll need in the upcoming year—without committing to a specific topic up front.
- Migrations, modernization, and agile development
- Modernize your systems and build better applications quicker with Red Hat Consulting.
Collaboration is a pillar of the open source community. And it's how Red Hat approaches support. Connect to Red Hat Support to access industry-leading technical resources available in our award-winning Red Hat Customer Portal anywhere, any time.
Red Hat JBoss Application Platform
In keeping with the open source way, we like to keep the lines of communication open. So whether you're a customer or just interested in learning more, connect with us. We're eager to answer questions.
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform offered an easy, standard way to streamline our application infrastructure. This allows excellent performance, simplifying our management and monitoring tasks in full compliance with our IT cost optimization strategy.Victor Vargas, CIO, Ampersand Learn more
- 569% ROI generated over 3 years by companies deploying JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- 6-month payback of initial investment after the platform was fully deployed
- 5 years in a row is how many times Red Hat JBoss Middleware has beat WebSphere and WebLogic middleware on customer support satisfaction
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Technology Overview: JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Ease into the cloud with JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6
- Technology Brief: JBoss Enterprise Application Platform for OpenShift Enterprise
- Analyst assessment: Red Hat PaaS
- Competitive brief: JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and Oracle WebLogic Server Network Deployment Edition
- Competitive brief: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment Edition
- Competitive brief: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and Oracle WebLogic Server Enterprise Edition
- Continuous integration: Creating an automated build and deployment environment
- Technical support customer satisfaction study
- Why JBoss Enterprise Application Platform over Oracle WebLogic Server
- Comparing JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and IBM WebSphere Liberty Profile
- JBoss Enterprise Application Server administration console
- Focus on: JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform architecture
- DevOps and Java EE – can you achieve the best of both worlds?
- Developing real-time, next generation HTML5 applications
- Management and security for your enterprise applications
- A recipe for success: predictable application migration planning
- Deploy DevOps into your traditional environment
- DevOps + PaaS = The perfect combination to rapidly develop and deploy Java EE applications
- Austrailian retailer Woolworths partnered with Red Hat and TCS to improve its ability to respond to customer demand online.
- The Swedish government agency needed to upgrade its application platform while modernizing IT applications and services.
- Online jewelry store Ice.com wanted to replace its e-commerce solution with a technology model that allowed the business to respond more quickly and effectively.
- Frost Bank
- Frost Bank needed to modernize its application infrastructure. By migrating to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, the banking company increased developer and administrator productivity, and enhanced production efficiency.
- Brazil Ministry of Health
- Brazil's Ministry of Health needed a new application environment that would meet strict requirements for improved levels of application performance, security, and reliability.