You need to rapidly deliver new products and services to your customers and partners to stay competitive. But with limited resources and assets across hybrid cloud environments, you struggle to both meet new requirements and efficiently maintain existing systems.
Red Hat® JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform (EAP), a market-leading*, fully certified Java™ EE platform, gives you a single platform to quickly develop and deploy applications.
*Gartner, Inc. "Magic Quadrant for On-Premises Application Platforms" by Daniel Sholler, Yefim V. Natis, Massimo Pezzini, Kimihiko Iijima, Jess Thompson, Ross Altman , 27 June 2013
On-premise, virtual, or cloud?
It's your choice.
With Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, you decide when it's time to move your applications from on-premise to cloud environments, such as OpenShift by Red Hat.
Use traditional Red Hat JBoss EAP to gain business agility with your existing applications and reduce the costs of proprietary platforms.
The Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) instance of our Java EE application platform, Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform for xPaaS, provides the same Java EE 6 support for your OpenShift cloud applications, with the enterprise performance, reliability, and security you rely on from our traditional application platform.
Don't start from scratch or compromise with limited web profiles when moving to the cloud. Get the best out of both development and operations and quickly build enterprise-grade Java applications in a streamlined PaaS environment.
Accelerate your time to market
Keep pace with rapid line-of-business requests for new and updated applications.
Achieve world-class developer productivity
Develop fast with a lean Java EE 6-supported platform and a wide range of developer tools that promotes productivity and responsiveness.
Be nimble with DevOps
Bring your operations and development teams closer together using DevOps practices, which includes continuous development, testing, and integration tooling.
Develop and deploy full Java EE apps in the cloud
Prototype and launch applications fast in OpenShift by Red Hat and other cloud environments.
Manage with flexibility
Programmatically manage your applications and automate processes as you build and integrate with your own management tools and technologies.
Maintain reliability, security, and stability
Innovate while meeting performance, compliance, security, and regulatory requirements.
JBoss Enterprise Application Platform with Management
This offering includes:
- JBoss Application Server
- The market-leading, fully certified Java EE 6 application server.
- Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio
- Everything you need to develop, test, and deploy rich web applications, enterprise applications, and service-oriented architecture (SOA) services.
- Red Hat JBoss Web Framework Kit
- A package of developer frameworks and tools to help speed productivity for web and mobile application development.
- Red Hat JBoss Operations Network
- A management platform providing monitoring, provisioning, and advanced management capabilities for your entire JBoss implementation.
JBoss EAP 6 was created with cloud in mind from the very beginning. In fact, it is the first Java EE server offered in Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) architectures (including OpenShift by Red Hat). JBoss EAP's modular architecture is based on a services-driven set of components that greatly simplifies how applications can be deployed in different environments.
JBoss EAP has been optimized for simplified deployment and high performance in any environment—multicore, virtual, or cloud. The platform occupies an extremely low memory footprint and offers blazing fast start-up times, efficient resource utilization, and port management. Enterprise features such as failover, caching, intelligent load balancing, and distributed deployment means JBoss EAP can handle even the most demanding enterprise deployments.
JBoss EAP allows developers to be more productive and responsive to line-of-business demands with support for Java EE and a wide range of Java virtual machine frameworks, such as Spring, Struts, and Google Web Toolkit (GWT). And with JBoss EAP for xPaaS, developers can take advantage of self-service application provisioning, simplified stack management, and application auto-scaling to innovate quickly and launch without worrying about getting the right environments up and running.
What good is a cloud-ready application server if it requires a costly licensing migration to reap its value? The Red Hat subscription model not only takes upfront licensing out of the equation, it also gives you more flexibility as your architecture changes.
Want to deploy in a public cloud like Amazon Web Services? No problem. Want to implement virtualization or run on a portion of your hardware architecture? We can do that. It's all part of the Red Hat subscription model.
Our training courses are hands-on and role-based. This means students stay at their keyboards for up to 80% of a course, boosting the retention of skills they'll use every day. We offer several convenient ways to train and save, with training facilities around the world. Visit our student center to learn more or read some training successes.
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Development I
For mid-level Java developers: An introduction to Java EE 6 frameworks, specifications, and application programming interfaces (APIs).
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Development II
For advanced Java EE developers and architects: Learn to build, deploy, and maintain high performing, scalable applications with advanced Java EE development techniques.
- Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I
Learn the essential, real-world tasks that a system administrator needs to know to effectively deploy and manage applications on Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
- Advanced JBoss Administration II
Learn how to deploy and administer Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform in large-scale production environments.
- Building Advanced Red Hat Enterprise Applications
Learn how to develop your skills with a hands-on course that integrates front- and back-end applications.
Employers notice Red Hat certifications. They know that to become Red Hat Certified Professionals, candidates must complete real-world tasks using our technologies—not just answer questions about them. Build your career by getting certified. We offer multiple exam locations and ways to train.
- Red Hat Certified JBoss Developer (RHCJD)
Build Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) applications for deployment on Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform or other Java EE-compliant platforms.
- Red Hat Certified JBoss Administrator (RHCJA)
Install, configure, and manage JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, and deploy and manage applications on that platform.
Let Red Hat Consulting help you successfully deploy Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform. We offer flexible engagement models to help meet your IT goals. Have unallocated end-of-year budget? Consider using Consulting Units to secure resources you'll need in the upcoming year—without committing to a specific topic up front.
- Migrations, modernization, and agile development
- Modernize your systems and build better applications quicker with Red Hat Consulting.
Collaboration is a pillar of the open source community. And it's how Red Hat approaches support. Connect to Red Hat Support to access industry-leading technical resources available in our award-winning Red Hat Customer Portal anywhere, any time.
Red Hat JBoss Application Platform
In keeping with the open source way, we like to keep the lines of communication open. So whether you're a customer or just interested in learning more, connect with us. We're eager to answer questions.
Our goal was to create an innovative model that couldn’t easily be replicated in the marketplace, and the Red Hat solution met that challenge.CY KENNEDY, PRESIDENT, AMERICAN PRODUCT DISTRIBUTORS Learn more
- 509% return on investment over 3 years for companies deploying JBoss EAP
- 9.4 months pay back on initial investment
- 5 consecutive years of greater customer satisfaction with Red Hat JBoss Middleware over WebSphere and WebLogic
See why you should consider Red Hat JBoss Middleware over IBM WebSphere and Oracle Fusion Middleware. Or use this helpful calculator to estimate your savings with a subscription to JBoss EAP as compared to IBM Websphere and Oracle Weblogic.
- JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Technology Overview: JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Technology Brief: Deploy full Java EE Applications in the cloud
- IDC executive summary: The value of JBoss EAP
- Analyst assessment: Red Hat PaaS
- Competitive brief: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and IBM WebSphere Application Server Liberty profile
- Competitive brief: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment Edition
- Competitive brief: Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and Oracle WebLogic Server Enterprise Edition
- Technical support customer satisfaction study
- IDC: The Business Value of Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- How to Get Started with PaaS
- Learn how your organization can keep pace with the speed of business today
- Why JBoss Enterprise Application Platform over Oracle WebLogic Server
- Comparing JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and IBM WebSphere Liberty Profile
- JBoss Enterprise Application Server administration console
- Focus on: JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform architecture
- Changing application demands: What developers need to know
- DevOps and Java EE – can you achieve the best of both worlds?
- Developing real-time, next generation HTML5 applications
- APD builds procurement solution like no other with Red Hat JBoss Middleware.
- Banco Azteca
- Banco Azteca, one of the largest banks in Mexico, switched to Red Hat and obtained a 40% reduction in support and maintenance costs, a 99% drop in application errors, a 50% improvement in application response times, and a 40% reduction in infrastructure costs.
- Roche, a healthcare pharma and diagnostics company, deployed enterprise-ready Red Hat® solutions to their IT Centre of Excellence, increasing flexibility, optimizing system management and automation, and greatly reducing time to market of applications.
- Tata Sky
- Tata Sky reduces TCO by 75% replacing proprietary middleware with Red Hat JBoss Middleware.
- Frost Bank
- Frost Bank needed to modernize its application infrastructure. By migrating to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, the banking company increased developer and administrator productivity, and enhanced production efficiency.