Designed for the cloud, Red Hat® Ceph Storage significantly lowers the cost of storing enterprise data and helps you manage exponential data growth—efficiently and automatically. Delivered in 1 self-healing, self-managing platform with no single point of failure, Red Hat Ceph Storage handles data management so you can focus on improving data availability for your business.
Significantly lower the cost of storing your data. Lay a foundation for managing its exponential growth at a low cost per gigabyte.
Start your enterprise with block storage and grow into object storage, or vice versa. Integrate with your existing storage infrastructure easily.
Integrate tightly with OpenStack® and enjoy advanced block storage capabilities that work just like a traditional block storage device but with hardware flexibility and massive scalability.
Take advantage of the expertise of Ceph's creators and primary sponsors through best-in-class professional services and training.
Red Hat Ceph Storage is a massively scalable, open source, software-defined storage system that gives you unified storage for your cloud environment. With object and block storage in 1 platform, Red Hat Ceph Storage does the work of efficiently and automatically managing the petabytes of data needed to run your business—so you don't have to.
Modern workloads need storage services that react automatically to changing hardware and network conditions. Built on open source software with flexible, open interfaces, Red Hat Ceph Storage serves various next-generation workloads and helps you adapt to changing demands more quickly than traditional hardware. You can create robust, intelligent storage services on distributed hardware, while your administrators can adjust how the system manages itself.
Storage hardware is rapidly becoming the most expensive part of IT budgets. You can avoid proprietary appliance overhead by building a storage cluster using standard, everyday servers and disks. If you run Red Hat Ceph Storage on Red Hat Enterprise Linux®, you can deploy it across a large selection of compatible hardware and enjoy an enhanced, end-to-end support experience.
Run Red Hat Ceph Storage on servers optimized for the highest performance or the largest capacity. When demands change, you can expand or reduce capacity incrementally—1 disk at a time, if necessary—and Red Hat Ceph Storage will intelligently and automatically adjust to the new hardware topology.
Red Hat Ceph Storage integrates tightly with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform, providing a crucial storage service for virtual machines (VMs) and a fully supported cloud platform. Based on Ceph—the open source, software-defined storage system voted top by OpenStack users at large—Red Hat Ceph Storage also integrates with Mirantis OpenStack and Ubuntu OpenStack.
Compatibility with the popular S3 object storage application program interface (API) brings support for a large, established collection of apps. For custom needs, a complete set of data-access APIs with native language bindings offers great integration.
Collaboration is a pillar of the open source community. And it's how Red Hat approaches support. Connect to Red Hat Support to access industry-leading technical resources available in our award-winning Red Hat Customer Portal anywhere, any time.
In keeping with the open source way, we like to keep the lines of communication open. So whether you're a customer or just interested in learning more, connect with us. We're eager to answer questions.
With a company the size of DTAG, we've got a lot riding on our storage infrastructure. Knowing we have storage that we can rely on, and that can deliver the reliability we need at whatever scale, is priceless. Ceph answered our storage needs, hands down.Christoph Thiel, Senior Cloud Technology Manager, Deutsche Telekom Learn more
OpenStack is today’s largest and fastest-growing open source cloud infrastructure project. As a software-defined storage solution, Red Hat Ceph Storage scales the way OpenStack does—out, not up—and its extensible architecture lets it integrate more tightly with OpenStack than traditional, proprietary storage solutions can. Alongside Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform, Red Hat Ceph Storage is an obvious choice for enterprises deploying OpenStack.
- Get both volume storage and object storage for tenant applications.
- Reduce provisioning time for new VMs.
- Avoid data transfer of images between storage and compute nodes.
- Benefit from easier configuration and end-to-end support by getting storage and OpenStack from 1 vendor.
Explosive enterprise data growth makes storing unstructured data—data in media repositories, large archives, and web data stores—a challenge. Red Hat Ceph Storage’s web-scale object storage is reliable, cost-effective, adaptable, and massively scalable. Engineered to be compatible with industry-standard protocols like S3 and OpenStack APIs, Red Hat Ceph Storage operates on premise or in the cloud, all without increasing costs or degrading performance.
- Tap into the broad ecosystem of tools and apps built for the S3 API.
- Use a modern hot, warm, or cold storage topology for cost-efficient performance.
- Get advanced durability at a low price.
- Build a foundation for the next generation of cloud-native apps using object storage.
- Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Complete OpenStack storage
- Cache tier and erasure coding FAQs
- RAID vs. replication
See all storage datasheets
- Needing storage to support the dynamic needs of its researchers, University of Alabama at Birmingham IT staff deployed a private storage cloud using the Dell OpenStack-Powered Cloud Solution, based on Dell servers, storage, networking, and services, as well as OpenStack, Ceph, and Dell Crowbar software. Through this deployment, the university was able to easily and cost-effectively manage its growing data store with an open, flexible system that scaled to its changing needs.
- Wanting to provide inexpensive, reliable, and flexible cloud storage, DreamHost used expert Ceph professional services to build an object storage service based entirely on Ceph. The result, known as DreamObjects, allows file upload and access from anywhere, with excellent performance, reliability, scalability, and cost-effectiveness.
Red Hat's Hardware Certification Program ensures compatibility between Red Hat software products and hardware from industry-leading partners. In addition to hardware tests that verify compatibility, the program requires an active support relationship between Red Hat and the hardware partner. This relationship is your assurance that Red Hat and the certified hardware partner will work together to address issues should the need arise.Learn more
Learn more about simplifying data managementContact sales
The OpenStack® Word Mark and OpenStack Logo are either registered trademarks / service marks or trademarks / service marks of the OpenStack Foundation, in the United States and other countries and are used with the OpenStack Foundation's permission. We are not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the OpenStack Foundation or the OpenStack community.