ProductsDesktop Server OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Satellite Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportAccelerate Automate Integrate Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal A-MQ Fuse BRMS Fuse Service Works Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Red Hat Enterprise Linux:
- Supports highly scalable, multi-core systems.
- Manages underlying system complexity.
- Reduces data bottlenecks.
- Provides a high performing, reliable, and secure Java development platform and runtime environment with OpenJDK.
- Improves application performance.
- Reduces power consumption.
- Ensures end-to-end data integrity.
At Red hat, we work closely with our hardware and software partners, and with industry standard groups, to deliver the latest functionality and to ensure continuous support for customer applications across multiple releases of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Administrators and application developers can set policies by process, applications, and even guests to match network, memory, and CPU usage to business needs and service-level agreements.
A complete security stack—from network firewall control to secure containers for application isolation—makes Red Hat Enterprise Linux one of the most certified operating systems available.
As a host, a guest, or in the cloud, you can secure applications with a common and comprehensive suite of technologies and policies—all backed by Red Hat's global Security Response Team.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux provides:
- Easy deployment of new applications.
- A comprehensive application development portfolio that includes the LAMP stack and scripting languages such as PHP, the TurboGears2 framework, the Eclipse IDE, and debugging and tuning tools.
- OpenJDK, a high performing, reliable, and secure Java development and runtime environment.
- Support and maintenance for all packages shipped with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, whether cloud services, middleware, web applications, or enterprise applications.
- Advanced caching technologies that let you scale as needed without adding complexity.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux is designed to be both a superior virtualization host and guest on any of the major hypervisors. With virtualization incorporated into the kernel, the complete breadth of system management, security tools, and certifications is available for your administrators to use.
Add-On options for availability
High Availability Add-On. Red Hat's High Availability Add-On provides on-demand failover to make applications highly available.
Resilient Storage Add-On. Red Hat's Resilient Storage Add-On enables a shared storage or clustered file system to access the same storage device over a network.
Load Balancer Add-On. Red Hat's Load Balancer Add-On provides redundancy for web serving, databases, networking, and storage.
Add-On options for scalability
Scalable File System Add-On. Red Hat's Scalable File System Add-On provides support for file systems that are more than 16 terabytes in size.
High Performance Add-On. Red Hat's High Performance Network Add-On delivers remote direct memory access over converged Ethernet (RoCE) for those times when low network latency and high capacity are important.
Add-On option for management
Smart Management Add-On. The Smart Management Add-On includes Red Hat Network Management and Red Hat Network Provisioning modules for use with Red Hat Network and Red Hat Network Satellite. It lets your organization easily manage and update Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems using Red Hat Network or Red Hat Network Satellite.
Add-On options for lifecycle management
The 10-year lifecycle for Red Hat Enterprise Linux ensures application binary interface (ABI) and application programming interface (API) stability throughout the support period for Red Hat Enterprise Linux with regular delivery of technology updates and security packages.
Extended Update Support Add-On. For those organizations that want to stay on a particular snapshot for an extended period of time, Red Hat offers the Extended Update Support Add-On, which extends the support period of a Red Hat Enterprise Linux update for 24 months and delivers overlapping release support to give enterprise customers more flexibility.
Extended Lifecycle Support Add-On. The Red Hat Enterprise Linux Extended Lifecycle Support (ELS) Add-On extends the production 3 phase of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3 and 4 lifecycle by 3 more years, providing a total life span of 10 years.
Contact Red Hat Sales to learn more about Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server, get an evaluation copy, or purchase Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server.
Red Hat works with an ecosystem of partners to build, optimize, and deliver complete solutions. Through our global network of leading hardware, software, and service provider vendors, Red Hat offers you a wealth of proven technology solutions that solve real-world business challenges.
Read our purchasing guide for information on how to buy Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server.
A versatile platform for x86 and x86-64 that can be deployed on physical systems, as a guest on the major hypervisors, or in the cloud.
Red Hat offers packages specifically for the scientific user to deploy clusters of systems to take on the most challenging of missions:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for HPC Head Node
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux for HPC Compute Node
Red Hat Enterprise Linux, deployed on IBM System z, provides flexibility, performance, and scalability for server consolidation and mainframe reliability.
Deploy applications with confidence using the advanced features in IBM Power Systems and the consistency and flexibility of the market-leading Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating platform.
Red Hat packages and supports the software infrastructure stack required for optimal operation of SAP applications with enterprise-class service and support.
Available in either desktop or workstation configurations.
The most useful downloads and links about Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server:
See who relies on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server:
- Telecinco Migrates UNIX Systems and Java Platform to Red Hat Enterprise Linux and JBoss Enterprise Middleware: Telecinco benefits from a high-performance, highly reliable, flexible platform based on industry standards and has reduced its operating costs by 33%.
- Just Dial Powers its Mission-Critical Intranet and Extranet Applications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux: India’s top-ranking local search engine increased flexibility and choice by freeing the organization from vendor lock-in. And it decreased IT costs, simplified management, reduced systems maintenance, and increased scalability, performance, and reliability.
See how others are using Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server, and explore best practices (login required):
See how Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server compares (login required):
- SPECvirt_sc2010 Benchmark results using RHEL 5
- SPECweb2005 Benchmark Results using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- TPC-H Benchmark Results using Sybase on RHEL 5
- Oracle E-Business Suite Order-To-Cash (Batch) Benchmark
- SPECvirt_sc2010 Benchmark Results using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
- SPECweb2009 Benchmark Results using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- SPECjAppServer2004 Benchmark Results using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - IBM
- SPECjAppServer2004 Benchmark Results using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 - HP
- SPECjbb2005 Benchmark Results using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
- TPC-H Benchmark Results using VectorWise on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
Read more to find out if red Hat Enterprise Linux Server is right for your organization: