ProductsDesktop Server Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Satellite Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportAccelerate Automate Integrate Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Fuse Red Hat JBoss A-MQ BRMS Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Proprietary middleware is expensive, and license costs only continue to rise. That's why progressive enterprises like Priceline.com and Citistreet traded high costs and vendor lock-in for open source and JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform. Learn how you can too.
How does your middleware score?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Do project backlogs still exist despite excessive middleware spending?
- Do high up-front licensing and support costs prevent you from starting new projects?
- Has proprietary middleware solved your problems within an advantageous cost structure?
If you're not happy with your answers, it's time for a change. There's a better way.
Why JBoss Enterprise Middleware is better
Why build your next-generation middleware architecture on the same expensive, proprietary products? Attack your IT project backlog. Switch to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform for:
- More capability, less cost: Delivered via subscription. So you pay for what's most important to you. Service. Software that works.
- No vendor lock-in: The development process is open. The technology is open. There are no secrets, no surprises, no lock-in.
- Award-winning support: Ranked highest in custom satisfaction over Oracle, IBM, and BEA in an independent study 2 years running.
- Performance: Just ask our customers why they trust JBoss Enterprise Application Platform with their mission-critical applications.
- Modular architecture: Robust enough to handle large, complex Java™ EE workloads, yet agile and flexible enough to run lighter ones.
More reasons to switch
- Read the Velociti Partners user satisfaction survey [PDF] to see how JBoss performs in the real world.
- Read the whitepaper: Putting open source to the test: The making of JBoss Enterprise Middleware [PDF].
- Read the analyst study: Business Value of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
- JBoss earns high marks in Forrester's Application Server Quality: Review Your Assumptions report.
- See what real JBoss customers have to say.
When you're ready to make a switch to JBoss, here's how to get started.
Start a new project with JBoss:
- Calculator: Compare JBoss against the cost of your existing middleware
- Visit the JBoss Enterprise Application Platform page
- Request a free 30-day evaluation of JBoss Enterprise Application Platform
- Start a conversation with JBoss
Migrate existing applications:
- Get the guide: JBoss Migration Guide by Amentra [PDF]
- Visit the microsite: Learn how we stack up against IBM WebSphere and Oracle WebLogic
Strategic migration planning
Developed by Red Hat's global team of architects and enterprise consultants, this comprehensive guide details the recommended process for moving from WebLogic to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform. It includes the planning steps that should be taken when preparing for such a migration as well as common implementation and training standards and best practices.