ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportA-MQ Accelerate Automate Integrate Application Platform BPM Suite BRMS JBoss community or Red Hat JBoss Middleware Data Grid Data Virtualization Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Fuse Fuse Service Works Operations Network Portal Web Framework Kit Web Server
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release Red Hat JBoss Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Corporate fact sheet
On this page:
Red Hat®, the world's leading provider of open source solutions and an S&P 500 company, is headquartered in Raleigh, NC, with more than 70 offices spanning the globe.
Red Hat provides high-quality, affordable technology with its operating system platform, Red Hat Enterprise Linux®, together with cloud computing, storage, virtualization, management, and middleware solutions.
Red Hat also offers support, training, and consulting services to its customers worldwide.
Read the company overview.
Red Hat's mission
To be the catalyst in communities of customers, contributors, and partners creating better technology the open source way.
Number of employees
More than 5,000 worldwide
Publicly held (NYSE:RHT) as of August 1999
100 East Davie Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
+1 919 754 3700
More than 70 offices in 33 countries:
|North America||Latin America||Asia Pacific||Europe, Middle East, Africa|
United Arab Emirates
Red Hat offers a comprehensive line of software subscriptions, services, and support, making it the leading resource for open source solutions.
Red Hat customers include enterprise organizations; academic and research institutions; and local, state, and federal governments. Here are just a few of our customers by region:
Europe, Middle East, Africa
Read the Red Hat customer success stories.
- The World's Most Innovative Companies, Forbes, 2012
- America's 25 Fastest-Growing Tech Companies, Forbes, 2011
- America's 100 Best Small Companies, Forbes, 2010
- Best Places to Work in IT, Computerworld, 2009, 2010
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek 50, 2010
- Red Hat Customer Portal Recognized as One of the Top Web Support Sites, Association of Support Professionals (ASP), 2011
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Named a Top Product of 2010, eWEEK Labs, 2010
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Named a Decade-Shaping Technology, eWEEK Labs, 2010
- Red Hat Global Support Services Honored as a Leader in Support Excellence, HDI Team Excellence Awards, 2011
- Red Hat Named Most Innovative Java Company, JAX, 2011
- The World’s Most Innovative Growth Companies, Forbes, 2011