ProductsDesktop Server For Scientific Computing For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Network Satellite ManagementExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportDeveloper Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Platform Red Hat JBoss A-MQ Red Hat JBoss Fuse SOA Platform Business Rules Management System (BRMS) Data Services Platform Messaging JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsApplication development Business process management Enterprise application integration Interoperability Operational efficiency Security VirtualizationSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingBusiness Process Management Cloud and Virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems Management Migrations
Corporate fact sheet
On this page:
Red Hat®, the world's leading provider of open source solutions and an S&P 500 company, is headquartered in Raleigh, NC, with more than 70 offices spanning the globe.
Red Hat provides high-quality, affordable technology with its operating system platform, Red Hat Enterprise Linux®, together with cloud computing, storage, virtualization, management, and middleware solutions.
Red Hat also offers support, training, and consulting services to its customers worldwide.
Read the company brochure.
Red Hat's mission
To be the catalyst in communities of customers, contributors, and partners creating better technology the open source way.
Number of employees
More than 5,000 worldwide
Publicly held (NYSE:RHT) as of August 1999
1801 Varsity Drive
Raleigh, NC 27606
+1 919 754 3700
More than 70 offices in 33 countries:
|North America||Latin America||Asia Pacific||Europe, Middle East, Africa|
United Arab Emirates
Red Hat offers a comprehensive line of software subscriptions, services, and support, making it the leading resource for open source solutions.
Red Hat customers include enterprise organizations; academic and research institutions; and local, state, and federal governments. Here are just a few of our customers by region:
- CME Group
- Cornell University
- Cox Enterprises
- DreamWorks Animation
- Marriott International
- NYSE Euronext
- Sprint Nextel
- Travel Channel
- Travelers Insurance
- Bolsa Mexicana de Valores
- Editora Abril
- Federal Electoral Institute of Mexico
- Serasa Experian
- Bharti Airtel
- China Unicom
- Melaka State Government
Europe, Middle East, Africa
- Emirates Airlines
- Lahore Stock Exchange
- NYSE Euronext
- RSA Insurance
- Serasa Experian
Read the Red Hat customer success stories.
- The World's Most Innovative Companies, Forbes, 2012
- America's 25 Fastest-Growing Tech Companies, Forbes, 2011
- America's 100 Best Small Companies, Forbes, 2010
- Best Places to Work in IT, Computerworld, 2009, 2010
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek 50, 2010
- Red Hat Customer Portal Recognized as One of the Top Web Support Sites, Association of Support Professionals (ASP), 2011
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 Named a Top Product of 2010, eWEEK Labs, 2010
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Named a Decade-Shaping Technology, eWEEK Labs, 2010
- Red Hat Global Support Services Honored as a Leader in Support Excellence, HDI Team Excellence Awards, 2011
- Red Hat Named Most Innovative Java Company, JAX, 2011
- The World’s Most Innovative Growth Companies, Forbes, 2011