ProductsDesktop Server For Scientific Computing For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Network Satellite ManagementExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportDeveloper Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Platform Red Hat JBoss A-MQ Red Hat JBoss Fuse SOA Platform Business Rules Management System (BRMS) Data Services Platform Messaging JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsApplication development Business process management Enterprise application integration Interoperability Operational efficiency Security VirtualizationSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingBusiness Process Management Cloud and Virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems Management Migrations
Open Source Enablement Pathway
Transforming culture and process to harness open source business value
To embark on a successful path to open source adoption, your organization needs to implement policies around the adoption, consumption, and management of technologies and community development practices.
Formal enterprise open source adoption
To help formalize enterprise open source adoption, collaboration, and governance strategies, Red Hat offers the Pathway to Open Source Enablement. This Pathway gives your enterprise proven practices and recommendations demonstrated by Red Hat to drive cultural and process shift for leveraging open source's business value.
This strategic business consulting service:
- Gives you the tools and processes to safely, formally, and effectively consume open source technologies in your enterprise.
- Mentors you in effectively collaborating with or contributing to open source communities for their strategic benefit.
- Guides you in creating strategic open source projects and communities to share development costs and risks.
- Provides support in areas such as business model development and collaboration frameworks.
Embark on your path
Each Pathway begins with an assessment of your organization’s business goals, the maturity of your infrastructure and OSS adoption, as well as an exploration of open standards practices.
During the initial phase, a Red Hat consultant:
- Introduces open source concepts and examines different open source approaches and opportunities that can address your organization’s desired level of maturity.
- Assesses current processes, infrastructure, and capabilities to determine readiness to accept and scale open source.
- Measures baseline open source competency in areas of governance, community participation, and senior-leadership support.
- Develops a strategic open source blueprint that details the open source maturity analysis and delivers actionable recommendations for governance and policy, community planning, tools and training, and additional IT efficiency.