ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportA-MQ Accelerate Automate Integrate Application Platform BPM Suite BRMS JBoss community or Red Hat JBoss Middleware Data Grid Data Virtualization Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Fuse Fuse Service Works Operations Network Portal Web Framework Kit Web Server
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release Red Hat JBoss Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Application migrations and modernization
Move your applications. And increase your productivity and performance.
Your IT organization needs to produce high-quality solutions with less complexity and a lower total cost of ownership (TCO). Migrating to Red Hat open source software or modernizing your current applications, from a platform like WebLogic or WebSphere to Red Hat® JBoss® Middleware or moving from older systems such as Cobol to Java, allows you to customize builds according to your goals and improves the performance and productivity of your developers.
Comprehensive migration planning
Before you move your applications or platforms, you need a comprehensive migration plan, so you can take advantage of the flexibility, scalability, and security of Red Hat’s cloud, virtualization, and middleware applications.
Red Hat Consulting implements a well-executed migration that keeps day-to-day operations running smoothly while managing risks and costs and allowing for more strategic planning and investing.
Our proven 3-phase process includes:
- Analysis and planning: We develop a comprehensive and strategic transition plan for your organization that is based on your goals, risks, and existing environments.
- Execution: We build a standard enterprise environment and update necessary hardware and software to improve your application and operational environments.
- Knowledge transfer: Our mentoring-based approach ensures your team is fully trained on your new configurations.
During the course of this engagement, an experienced consultant:
- Examines your existing systems or applications to determine the equivalent capabilities in Red Hat’s cloud, virtualization, and middleware ecosystem.
- Examines proprietary features and native capabilities to determine the equivalent capabilities in Red Hat and JBoss technologies.
- Measures your organization’s readiness and overall migration and modernization risk.
Develops a strategic migration plan that includes a detailed roadmap, cost estimates, and support strategies.
- Offers support implementation of the migration plan.
- Gives you formalized documentation and training.
Why migrate with Red Hat Consulting?
By engaging Red Hat Consulting, you benefit from consultants who:
- Have years of experience designing, building, and optimizing enterprise systems and applications.
- Are accustomed to working with heterogeneous, closed-source enterprise environments.
- Can quickly identify and overcome any potential risks and hidden costs of migrating or modernizing your systems and applications.
Learn more about migrating with Red Hat Consulting:
- Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform strategic migration planning datasheet (PDF)
- Request a copy of the WebLogic to JBoss strategic migration planning guide
For deliverable details, pricing, and more information, contact Red Hat Consulting.