Now you can easily manage big, unstructured, and semistructured data in physical, virtual, and cloud environments.
Stone Age datacenter? Modernize it with open, software-defined storage.
Explosive data growth is overwhelming hardware-based storage—and IT budgets. And there's no end in sight: IDC expects data worldwide to reach 40,000 exabytes by 2020. Most enterprises are unprepared to manage all this data, much less extract value from it. But not doing so can mean losing business.
Unlike proprietary, hardware-based storage, the Red Hat® Storage portfolio of products gives you an open, software-defined storage platform that scales across physical, virtual, and cloud resources. It drastically cuts costs, prevents vendor lock-in, and lets you add infinite capacity without degrading performance.Read the Red Hat Storage blog
- Red Hat Storage Server for On-premise
- Combines reliable Red Hat software with x86 commodity hardware, eliminating the need for high-cost proprietary storage systems.
- Red Hat Storage Server for Public Cloud
- Provides a fully POSIX-compatible, highly available, scale-out storage product for the Amazon Web Services (AWS) public cloud infrastructure.
- Red Hat Storage Server for Hybrid Cloud
- A software-only storage product that scales seamlessly from private clouds to public cloud environments for greater reliability and additional capacity needs.
- Inktank Ceph Enterprise
- Combines the most stable version of Ceph for object and block storage with a Ceph management platform, enhanced integration tools, and support services.
Although going down a new path sometimes means taking risks, the rewards can be huge if you can deliver breakthroughs in performance and scalability while reducing costs. Red Hat enabled us to do that.Jeff Ludwig, director of product development, Intuit TurboTax Learn More
- Introduction to Red Hat Storage architecture
- IDC: Economics of Software-Based Storage
- IDC vendor profile: Red Hat as a Storage Solutions Provider
- Red Hat Storage on the HP ProLiant SL4540 Gen8 Server
- Red Hat and Intel: Liberating information and redefining the future of storage
- Ikano Bank
The company turned to Red Hat for a clustered software storage solution, increasing availability of services and reducing system downtime.
The greatest benefit provided by the combination of Red Hat Storage Server and Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization was a dramatic reduction in storage costs, which had posed problems for many years.
- McMaster University
"I showed Red Hat Storage Server to our operations people, who are ultimately the ones who will have to support it, and they were amazed at how intuitive and easy it was to use." - Wayde Nie, lead architect, Technology Services department, McMaster University
GlusterFS is an open source, distributed file system capable of scaling to several petabytes (actually, 72 brontobytes) and handling thousands of clients. Red Hat Storage Server is the hardened, enterprise-grade version of GlusterFS.Explore Project
Ceph is a massively scalable, open source, software-defined storage system that runs on commodity hardware. It delivers object and block storage in 1 self-managing, self-healing platform with no single point of failure. Ideally, Ceph replaces legacy storage and provides a single solution for the cloud.Explore Project
How can choice and collaboration help your business?
Nearly 50% of business managers say they will increase their investments in collaborative development.* Choice and collaboration are where technology is headed.
Is OpenStack right for you?
Standardizing cuts out waste. When we in the technology industry can agree on a standard platform to build on, we spend more time creating and less time maintaining or fixing. So how does OpenStack® fit in?
Security and innovation go hand in hand
Innovation is important, but without security, new ideas don’t matter. Let’s find the best ways to actively protect our data and our business.