ProductsDesktop Server For Scientific Computing For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Network Satellite ManagementExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportDeveloper Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Platform Red Hat JBoss A-MQ Red Hat JBoss Fuse SOA Platform Business Rules Management System (BRMS) Data Services Platform Messaging JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsApplication development Business process management Enterprise application integration Interoperability Operational efficiency Security VirtualizationSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingBusiness Process Management Cloud and Virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems Management Migrations
Red Hat Certified JBoss Administrator — RHCJA
The RHCJA certification is for system administrators or application developers whose responsibilities include the deployment, implementation, and management of Red Hat® JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP) and its applications.
This credential helps ensure JBoss enterprise solutions are optimized to meet specific needs and establishes credibility for companies and IT professionals who need to provide a high level of service to their customers.
Note: We are currently offering certification testing for the RHCJA (formerly known as JBCAA) on both JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 5 (EX336) and JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 (EX248).
An RHCJA is able to perform the following tasks on the JBoss Enterprise Application Platform:
- Install and run an instance.
- Configure multiple instances.
- Configure JBoss Web Connectors.
- Configure web properties for deployed applications.
- Configure logging.
- Secure access.
- Deploy applications.
- Configure JVM properties.
- Remove unnecessary services.
- Configure XA and non-XA DataSources.
- Configure a DBMS security domain.
- Configure a cluster using TCP.
- Create a clustered JMS queue.
- Configure load balancing and failover.
Certification program requirements:
- Pass the RHCJA exam, which consists of one section lasting up to 4 hours.
- The certification exam is performance-based, meaning that candidates must perform tasks on a live system, rather than answering questions about how one might perform those tasks.
- The hands-on nature of this exam makes real-world experience a critical facet of preparation.
- Red Hat certifications have a current window for 3 calendar years after they are earned. After three years, certification status becomes non-current.
Read more about the RHCJA Exam.
The RHCJA certification is designed for:
- Application server system administrators
- Application administrators
- Application developers
- Deployment managers
- System architects
- Quality assurance engineers
Benefits to earning a Red Hat certification:
Recognition in the industry
Increased customer confidence
Proof of knowledge and skills
Certification verification tool for employers
Use of the certification logo on business cards
Ability to access multiple Red Hat Certificated Professional online communities (like Facebook and LinkedIn)
Access to Red Hat Certification Central website
Download certification logo
Purchase Red Hat certification gear
Red Hat Certified Professionals forum
Online profile listed under your certification number
Red Hat Certified Professional job search
Special offers on training and events
In preparation to earn the RHCJA certification, Red Hat recommends:
Training (JBCAA for EAP 6):
[To achieve certification, students must pass these Exams]
Performance-based exam that tests knowledge to install, configure, monitor, manage, and deploy applications to JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.