ProductsDesktop Server For Scientific Computing For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Red Hat Network Satellite ManagementExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportDeveloper Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Platform Red Hat JBoss A-MQ Red Hat JBoss Fuse SOA Platform Business Rules Management System (BRMS) Data Services Platform Messaging JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise
SolutionsApplication development Business process management Enterprise application integration Interoperability Operational efficiency Security VirtualizationSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingBusiness Process Management Cloud and Virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems Management Migrations
RED HAT UNVEILS EXPANDED E-COMMERCE OFFERINGS
RaleighUnited States, January 31, 2001
Red Hat Integrates Akopia Interchange to Deliver Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
Red Hat, Inc. (Nasdaq:RHAT), the leader in developing, deploying and managing open source Internet infrastructure, announced today new e-commerce additions to its comprehensive line of open source Internet infrastructure solutions.
Red Hat will integrate Akopia's popular Interchange e-commerce platform into Red Hat's solutions portfolio that now includes Interchange, the Stronghold Secure Web Server and CCVS e-commerce payment system for a comprehensive e-commerce solution stack. With the addition of Interchange, customers and organisations looking to build an integrated e-commerce infrastructure with the flexibility and low cost advantages of open source can look to Red Hat for comprehensive open source technologies and global support.
The Red Hat e-commerce solution stack emphasises the completeness of Red Hat's open source offerings for both the device and server markets. Red Hat's comprehensive solutions are tied together through Red Hat Network, a powerful Internet-based service for delivering open source innovations, upgrades, security features and user support quickly and cost-effectively.
"Customers recognise the flexibility and economic advantages of open source and are looking to Red Hat for an integrated line of open source Internet infrastructure solutions and a global support network," said Colin Tenwick, VP and General Manager Red Hat Europe . "This latest initiative continues Red Hat's mission to provide everything needed for an open source infrastructure spanning powerful servers, the software running them and the next-generation of devices tied together through the Internet. Customer demand for the high value of open source solutions continues to drive our acquisition strategy and our ability to offer an end-to-end product line that challenges less economical alternatives."
Red Hat Integrated E-commerce Solution Stack
Red Hat's complete line of e-commerce solutions dramatically reduce the cost and time to market and required to fuel a company's e-business initiatives. It includes:
- Red Hat Linux 7, the latest release of the world's most popular, award-winning Linux operating system.
- Interchange, the most mature and robust open source, e-commerce platform available today. Developed by Akopia, Inc., of Reston, VA, this enterprise-class e-business software application is capable of supporting hundreds of concurrent users, thousands of transactions, and seamless integration with existing legacy systems. In addition, Red Hat announced at LinuxWorld in New York today that it has
- Red Hat Stronghold Secure Web Server, the number one commercial, secure Web server. It is based on the most current, open source Apache technology, this Web server delivers the ideal price and performance standard for secure web server operations, through bulletproof design and enterprise scalability derived from ongoing open source collaboration by the world's leading developers.
- CCVS e-commerce payment processing software, a critical piece of infrastructure for any company conducting business on the Internet currently in use by more than 150 ISPs worldwide. CCVS automates credit card authorisation processing.
- The Red Hat Network which dramatically reduces the cost of deploying and managing an open source operating system and e-commerce platform with automated, online updates that assure reliability, security and availability of systems 24x7. The Red Hat Network ties all of Red Hat's solutions together to deliver a consistent, reliable stream of open source innovation to customers while removing the time consuming maintenance normally associated with managing an Internet infrastructure.
- The Largest Single Point of Contact for a Variety of Support and Training Services that deliver unmatched open source expertise---and help foster that expertise in today's corporate computing environment.
For more information on Red Hat's comprehensive open source solutions, please see http://www.redhat.com
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat (Nasdaq:RHAT) offers users one single, trusted point of contact and a common plaform for developing, deploying and managing open source across Internet infrastructure and devices that connect to the Internet, ranging from small embedded devices to high availability clusters and integrated Web server/ecommerce OSes. The Red Hat Network, Red Hat's unique management technology, helps companies worldwide easily manage it all by delivering open source products, service, support and information on-line in real-time.
In addition to the award-winning Red Hat Linux server operating system, Red Hat offers Stronghold Secure Web Server and Credit Card Verification Software for secure e-commerce and is the principal provider of GNU-based developer tools and support solutions for a wide variety of embedded processors. Red Hat also provides run-time solutions such as Linux, eCos, Embedded Red Hat, the award-winning RedBoot, custom engineering services, support and training to organisations in all embedded and Linux markets.
Red Hat is headquartered in Research Triangle Park, N.C. and has offices
worldwide. . For investor inquiries, contact Gabriel Szulik at Red Hat, +1 919-547-0012.
Red Hat Europe was established in July 1999 with its European
headquarters based in Surrey, United Kingdom and offices throughout
Europe. Red Hat Linux is sold and supported through a number of major
distribution and industry partners throughout Europe and from
Red Hat Linux was named InfoWorld's Product of the Year for four years
in a row, was given a productivity accolade in Software
Development's Jolt Awards, was named an environment/desktop finalist in
the Ziff-Davis European Excellence Awards, won the editor's
choice awards from the Linux Journal and Australian Personal Computing
magazines, and won the `Just Plain Cool' award from Australian
Personal Computing magazine. At March's LinuxWorld Expo, more than 8,000
members of the Linux community voted Red Hat a
`LinuxWorld Favourite'. Red Hat Linux recently won a Product Excellence
award from Software Development Magazine.
LINUX is a trademark of Linus Torvalds. RED HAT is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc. All other names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Forward-looking statements in this press release are made pursuant to
the safe harbor provisions of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act
of 1934. Investors are cautioned that statements in this press release
that are not strictly historical statements, including, without
limitation, management's plans and objectives for future operations, and
management's assessment of market factors, constitute forward-looking
statements which involve risks and uncertainties. These risks and
uncertainties include, without limitation, product plans and
performance, the ability of Red Hat to attract users to redhat.com, the
lack of demonstrated widespread acceptance of e-learning as an effect
training tool, reliance upon strategic relationships, management of
growth, the possibility of undetected software errors, the risks of
economic downturns generally, and in Red Hat's industry specifically,
the risks associated with competition and competitive pricing pressures,
the viability of the Internet, and other risks detailed in Red Hat's
filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, copies of which may
be accessed through the SEC's Web site at http://www.sec.gov