ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportA-MQ Accelerate Automate Integrate Application Platform BPM Suite BRMS JBoss community or Red Hat JBoss Middleware Data Grid Data Virtualization Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Fuse Fuse Service Works Operations Network Portal Web Framework Kit Web Server
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release Red Hat JBoss Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Red Hat Announces Second Annual JBoss Innovation Awards
RaleighUnited States, October 10, 2007
Nominations now open for awards to recognize innovative use of JBoss solutions and technologies
Red Hat (NYSE: RHT), the world's leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the second annual JBoss Innovation Awards to be presented at JBoss World Orlando, taking place February 13-15, 2008. Nominations are now open for JBoss customers, partners and open source community members around the world.The JBoss Innovation Awards recognize individuals, project teams and companies for technical achievements that show both creative thinking and determined problem solving with JBoss solutions. Nominees are asked to share their use of JBoss solutions and projects to improve existing processes, overcome technology challenges and enhance their company's bottom line. The JBoss Innovation Awards will consist of eight categories including:
- Joint JBoss/Red Hat Deployment: Recognition for an innovative solution that demonstrates the value of open source. Ideally, the winning project incorporates both Red Hat and JBoss solutions or uses the Red Hat Application Stack.
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Implementation: Recognition for a solution that leverages SOA concepts to solve a business problem, while improving utilization and agility.
- Increased Return on Investment: Recognition for an innovative approach to drive out cost and achieve measurable ROI as a result of implementing JBoss solutions. Results could include financial return or percentage increase in productivity, yield, efficiency, quality or uptime performance.
- Ecosystem: Recognition for leveraging the choices inherent in the JBoss Partner Ecosystem to build a compelling architecture that resulted in a transformation of an organization's business.
- Emerging and Leading-Edge Technologies: Recognition for the unique applications and systems that are being built and deployed with cutting-edge technologies from JBoss.org and other open source projects.
- Migration: Recognition for modernizing an IT infrastructure with JBoss solutions. Nominations should explain the decision process and best practices that have made the migration from other platforms to JBoss a resounding success. Migrations can be from other competing platforms or legacy systems.
- Business Process Automation: Recognition for being ahead of the curve and executing automated business processes with JBoss solutions in an organization's enterprise.
- User Experience: Recognition for the use of JBoss solutions such as JBoss Portal, JBoss RichFaces, etc. to improve collaboration, interaction and information sharing in an organization.
Submissions for each category will be judged by a panel of industry leaders and representatives. Winners selected from each of the eight categories will be announced in January 2008. Eligible winners will receive complimentary admission to JBoss World Orlando, invitations to an executive dinner during the event, a displayed company profile during the JBoss World Orlando general session and recognition as a leader in the field. From the eight category winners, one JBoss Innovator of the Year will be selected via online voting by the community. The Innovator of the Year will be announced and recognized at JBoss World Orlando and will receive a stipend and complimentary passes to a future Red Hat or JBoss event.
Nominations for the JBoss Innovation Awards are open until November 30, 2007.
About Red Hat, Inc.
Red Hat, the world's leading open source solutions provider, is headquartered in Raleigh, NC with over 50 satellite offices spanning the globe. CIOs have ranked Red Hat first for value in Enterprise Software for three consecutive years in the CIO Insight Magazine Vendor Value study. Red Hat provides high-quality, low-cost technology with its operating system platform, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, together with applications, management and Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) solutions. Red Hat also offers support, training and consulting services to its customers worldwide. Learn more: http://www.redhat.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may constitute
forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements provide current expectations of future events based on certain assumptions and include any statement that does not directly relate to any historical or current fact. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including: risks related to the integration of acquisitions; the ability of the Company to effectively compete; the inability to adequately protect Company intellectual property and the potential for infringement or breach of license claims of or relating to third party intellectual property; risks related to data and information security vulnerabilities; ineffective management of, and control over, the Company's growth and international operations; adverse results in litigation; the dependence on key personnel as well as other factors contained in our most recent Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q (copies of which may be accessed through the Securities and Exchange Commission's website at http://www.sec.gov), including those found therein under the captions
Risk Factors and
Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations. In addition, the forward-looking statements included in this press release represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release and these views could change. However, while the Company may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing the Company's views as of any date subsequent to the date of the press release.
LINUX is a trademark of Linus Torvalds. RED HAT and JBOSS are registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. and its subsidiaries in the US and other countries.