Your budget shrinks, but you have to deliver more every year—consolidate, build shared services, increase security, and prepare for emergency situations. The answer? Stable, trustworthy, and secure Red Hat open source solutions.
Red Hat® technologies use the power of open source communities to make you more efficient, meet critical IT demands, and improve service delivery—all without vendor lock-in.
Learn more about:
Our open source technologies are being used throughout the federal government, from processing Medicare claims at the CMS to handling airplane traffic at the FAA to enhancing every tactical vehicle in the DOD, and in all 50 states.Read More
People. Passion. Participation. We're dedicated to helping state and local governments make a difference in their communities.Read More
We're deeply committed to the future of education, and ready to make your IT run smoothly so students, faculty, and administrators can focus on a better learning experience.Read More
In the public sector market, the Red Hat partner community helps customers implement innovative, cost-effective solutions that respond to business needs and deliver value.Read More
In particular, the ability to stand up IaaS and PaaS capabilities makes this deployment stand out as a success in the government sector.Munjeet Singh, Senior associate, Booz Allen Hamilton Learn More
Mexico: Open Knowledge Program
More than 1,400 technology leaders share experiences and best practices with analysts, strategists, academics, and subject matter experts from the public sector.Explore the Open Knowledge Program
Download Red Hat® whitepapers about open source in government to help your agency decide if Red Hat solutions can solve your business or IT problem.
- Accenture and Red Hat solutions
- How the Shared Services Strategy is Bridging the Gap Between Business Managers and IT Shops
- Cutting the cost of virtualization
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Academic Edition
- Hybrid Cloud Storage: Government Agencies can get the Best of Two Worlds
- Solving security challenges for government cloud-based IT environments
- Recognizing a decade of innovation
- Virtualizing government: New open source solutions for the public sector
- Are you controlling software costs? Or are software costs controlling you?
- SELinux: A new approach to secure systems
- Modernize your IT infrastructure for increased efficiency
- Your datacenter journey: Building a platform without boundaries
- How to achieve real-time performance while securing your application data
- PaaS in the real world – from 3 months to 2 weeks
- Protect your data without high costs and complexity
- Prevent shadow IT and regain control of your infrastructure
Get more in-depth information about Red Hat and open source in government.
- What the evolution of open source can teach the public, private, and people sectors (FutureGov, 2014-01-16)
- Red Hat Academy gets expanded content, new web-based textbooks (The Journal, 2014-01-15)
- Why IT went hybrid (Forbes, 2014-01-14)
- eWEEK at 30: Linux Makes Open Source a Software Industry Force (eWeek, 2013-12-31)
- Red Hat on a Roll (InformationWeek, 2013-12-20)
- What the escalating war among cloud computing rivals means for you (GCN, 2013-12-18)
- Massachusetts launches open cloud to spur big data R&D(GCN, 2013-12-16)
- Viewpoint: 5 open source myths (Federal Times, 2013-12-15)
- The future of open source: Red Hat Government Symposium highlights (FedScoop, 2013-11-07)
Find government-related open source and Red Hat events.
- ISM Conference 2014 (2014-05-05)
- 2014 Special Operations Forces Industry Conference (2014-05-20)
- 2014 Space Symposium (2014-05-19)
- 2014 Management of Change (MOC) (2014-05-18)
- Montgomery IT Summit 2014 (2014-05-20)
- 2014 GovSec (2014-05-13)
- ATCA Tech Symposium (FAA) (2014-05-13)
- DISA Partner Conference (JIE Mission Symposuim) (2014-05-12)
- Kirtland AFB/Sandia/DOE Cyber Security Seminar & IT Expo (2014-05-07)
- Navy Information Dominance Industry Day (2014-05-07)
How can choice and collaboration help your business?
Nearly 50% of business managers say they will increase their investments in collaborative development*. Choice and collaboration are where technology is headed.
Is OpenStack right for you?
Standardizing cuts out waste. When we in the technology industry can agree on a standard platform to build on, we spend more time creating and less time maintaining or fixing. So how does OpenStack® fit in?