Your budget shrinks, but you have to deliver more every year—consolidate, build shared services, increase security, and prepare for emergency situations. The answer? Stable, trustworthy, and secure Red Hat open source solutions.
Red Hat® technologies use the power of open source communities to make you more efficient, meet critical IT demands, and improve service delivery—all without vendor lock-in.
Learn more about:
From mandatory access controls to CDM and identity management, Red Hat provides the most secure, certified, and interoperable open source platforms for the most demanding missions in defense, intelligence, and civilian agencies.
Is your agency engaging with citizens and employees through mobile? Red Hat offers a mobile application platform that speeds up mobile application development with secure integration to back office systems and centralized control of security and policy management.
Like Red Hat, DevOps relies on open source software. Our Platform-as-a-Service can give you the speed and flexibility you need for a DevOps culture change without sacrificing the security, scalability, and management that your mission demands.
The cloud depends on open source, and Red Hat is the open source leader. Whether you’re building your own cloud with OpenStack, bridging public and private cloud, or just automating a virtualized data center, Red Hat’s open hybrid cloud platforms can help.
Big data demands better workflows, smarter storage, and an open source platform that pulls it all together. Red Hat partners with industry leaders for a secure, certified big data practice.
Our open source technologies are being used throughout the federal government, from processing Medicare claims at the CMS to handling airplane traffic at the FAA to enhancing every tactical vehicle in the DOD, and in all 50 states.Read More
People. Passion. Participation. We're dedicated to helping state and local governments make a difference in their communities.Read More
We're deeply committed to the future of education, and ready to make your IT run smoothly so students, faculty, and administrators can focus on a better learning experience.Read More
In the public sector market, the Red Hat partner community helps customers implement innovative, cost-effective solutions that respond to business needs and deliver value.Read More
In particular, the ability to stand up IaaS and PaaS capabilities makes this deployment stand out as a success in the government sector.Munjeet Singh, Senior associate, Booz Allen Hamilton Learn More
Mexico: Open Knowledge Program
More than 1,400 technology leaders share experiences and best practices with analysts, strategists, academics, and subject matter experts from the public sector.Explore the Open Knowledge Program
Download Red Hat whitepapers about open source in government to help your agency decide if Red Hat solutions can solve your business or IT problem.
- Are you controlling software costs? Or are software costs controlling you?
- Recognizing a decade of innovation
- SELinux: A new approach to secure systems
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Academic Edition
- Accenture and Red Hat solutions
- Red Hat: The government’s secure & trusted choice for open source solutions
- 10 steps to shape your mobility strategy
- DevOps and the business of government: Removing the barriers between development & delivery
- Red Hat JBoss xPaaS services for OpenShift
- Closing the IT delivery gap in government with secure, hybrid cloud
- Choosing an enterprise platform for big data
- FICO using OpenShift
- Robust solutions for continuous diagnostics mitigation
- Picking the Right PaaS
- Solving security challenges for government cloud-based IT environments
- How the Shared Services Strategy is Bridging the Gap Between Business Managers and IT Shops
- Open Hybrid Cloud: Delivering Full Value on Cloud Services
- How Open Source Cloud Technology Can Eliminate IT Silos
- Cutting the cost of virtualization
- Virtualizing government: New open source solutions for the public sector
- Getting the most out of your Docker container strategy
- How Open Source Can Help Overcome Government's Biggest Challenges
- Modernize your IT infrastructure for increased efficiency
- Your datacenter journey: Building a platform without boundaries
- Webinar: Tips for Managing Your Hybrid Cloud Environment (2015-3-19)
- Government Data & Apps: How to Build a Strategy for Migrating to the Cloud
- Government's Step by Step Path to the Cloud
- The Big Switch: Government Infrastructure in the Cloud
- Middleware for Government Cloud Based Integration
- Government as a Platform: Connecting the Dots
Get more in-depth information about Red Hat and open source in government.
- Flexibility: The Key to Federal Cloud Adoption (Homeland Security Today, 2015-1-22)
- Survey: Feds Wary of Committing to Cloud (Federal Times, 2015-1-20)
- Can Feds Find Stability in the Cloud (Mobile Enterprise, 2015-1-20)
- Federal IT Pros Commit Gradually to the Cloud (eWeek, 2015-1-20)
- Red Hat's David Egts: Gov't Can Use Linux Containers to Support Virtualization (Executive Biz, 2015-1-15)
- Why Government Can't -- and Shouldn't Contain Containers (Government Computer News, 2015-1-13)
- FCW Rising Star: Shawn Wells (Federal Computer Week, 2014-11-30)
- The US Government's Tenuous Relationship with Open Source (Linux Insider, 2014-11-14)
- As Open Source Goes Mainstream, Institutions Collaborate Differently (Tech Republic, 2014-11-14)
- 6 tips for adopting open source (GCN, 2014-11-13)
- What the evolution of open source can teach the public, private, and people sectors (FutureGov, 2014-01-16)
- Red Hat Academy gets expanded content, new web-based textbooks (The Journal, 2014-01-15)
- Why IT went hybrid (Forbes, 2014-01-14)
- eWEEK at 30: Linux Makes Open Source a Software Industry Force (eWeek, 2013-12-31)
- Red Hat on a Roll (InformationWeek, 2013-12-20)
- What the escalating war among cloud computing rivals means for you (GCN, 2013-12-18)
- Massachusetts launches open cloud to spur big data R&D (GCN, 2013-12-16)
- Viewpoint: 5 open source myths (Federal Times, 2013-12-15)
- The future of open source: Red Hat Government Symposium highlights (FedScoop, 2013-11-07)
Find government-related open source and Red Hat events.
- AFCEA Cybersecurity Technology Summit, Washington, D.C. (2015-4-2)
- The Annual Technology Expo for Parkersburg, WV (2015-4-29)
- 2015 NRO IT Way Forward, Chantilly, VA (2015-4-30)
- NLIT Summit 2015, Seattle, WA: (2015-5-3 through 2015-5-6)
- AFCEA Defensive Cyber Operations Symposium, Baltimore, MD (2015-5-5 through 2015-5-7)
- AUVSI 2015, Atlanta, GA (2015-5-5 through 2015-5-7)
- ATCA Technical Symposium, Atlantic City, NJ (2015-5-12 through 2015-5-14)