ProductsServer Desktop & Workstation Developer Subscriptions Satellite OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For SAP Business Applications Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportA-MQ Accelerate Automate Integrate Application Platform BPM Suite BRMS JBoss community or Red Hat JBoss Middleware Data Grid Data Virtualization Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Fuse Fuse Service Works Operations Network Portal Web Framework Kit Web Server
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release Red Hat JBoss Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Get detailed histories of events that occur on each system to meet compliance requirements:
- Choose between prepackaged and custom reports.
- Manage your Red Hat Enterprise Linux subscription.
When you add the RHN Satellite Monitoring module to your subscription, you get even more functionality:
- Monitor both Red Hat Enterprise Linux and applications from Oracle, BEA, Apache, and other third-party vendors.
- Monitor usage of CPUs, memory, and storage.
- Receive email or pager notices when a probe reaches a predefined warning or critical threshold.
- View reports and graphs of probe performance over time to determine what adjustments need to be made.
Logically subdivide your Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment by geography, system function, department, or other technical or organizational parameter.
- Provision new Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems quickly and consistently.
- Deploy entire application stacks--from Red Hat Enterprise Linux to independent software vendor (ISV) applications, to custom applications, drivers, firmware, and configuration files.
- Quickly create templates for provisioning using Kickstart.
- Manage thousands of systems as easily as one using the system groups feature.
- Schedule updates to occur during maintenance windows.
- Compare package profiles between systems to quickly spot differences.
- Replicate an existing environment to achieve a high degree of consistency throughout your IT environment.
- Undo problematic changes with snapshots and rollbacks.
Provision, update, and configure all Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems from one console. Get fine-grained package and configuration management capabilities.
Improve consistency, and enable higher availability and fast problem resolution.
Contact Red Hat Sales to learn more about or to purchase the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Smart Management Add-On.
Red Hat works with an ecosystem of partners to build, optimize, and deliver complete solutions. Through our global network of leading hardware, software, and service provider vendors, Red Hat offers you a wealth of proven technology solutions that solve real-world business challenges.
Read our purchasing guide for information on how to purchase Red Hat Enterprise Linux Add-Ons.
The most useful downloads and links about the Smart Management Add-On: