ProductsDesktop Server Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform For IBM POWER For IBM System z For SAP Business Applications Satellite Management For Scientific ComputingExtended Update Support High Availability High Performance Network Load Balancer Resilient Storage Scalable File System Smart Management Extended Lifecycle SupportAccelerate Automate Integrate Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio Portfolio Edition Web Framework Kit Application Platform Web Server Data Grid Portal Fuse Red Hat JBoss A-MQ BRMS Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works JBoss Operations Network JBoss Community or JBoss enterprise Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
SolutionsWhy Red Hat Why open hybrid cloud? The new IT Public cloud Cloud resource library Private cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Cloud applications and workloadsSolaris to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration overview Migrate from your UNIX platform How to migrate to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Upgrade to the latest Red Hat Enterprise Linux release JBoss Enterprise Middleware Benefits of migrating to Red Hat Enterprise Linux Migration services Start a conversation with Red Hat
TrainingPopular and new courses Red Hat JBoss Administration curriculum Core System Administration curriculum Red Hat JBoss Middleware Development curriculum Advanced System Administration curriculum Linux Development curriculum Cloud Computing, Virtualization, and Storage curriculum
ConsultingSOA and integration Business process management Cloud and virtualization Custom Software Development Enterprise Data and Storage Systems management Migrations
Many applications struggle to adapt to surges in read and write requests during events such as seasonal business spikes, marketing and promotions, and external market changes.
Red Hat JBoss Data Grid gives you a cost-effective, non-disruptive way to achieve elastic scale and guarantee required response times. With Red Hat JBoss Data Grid, it is simple to add or remove nodes. Plus, all the work to ensure that your data remains distributed and replicated is performed in the background.
As the amount of data grows, reads and writes to traditional back-end data stores cause major performance bottlenecks for web applications.
Red Hat JBoss Data Grid provides:
- Extremely fast, scalable read-write performance.
- High availability to data within and across datacenters.
- The ability to meet data retention requirements and up-time service-level agreements.
Most companies have diverse IT environments. Applications and infrastructure are on-premise and in the cloud, legacy and contemporary. Red Hat JBoss Data Grid gives you the flexibility to innovate faster, in a smarter way. With an adaptable solution that allows you to meet both immediate and long term IT goals, you can:
- Avoid vendor lock-in and free up IT budget with a straightforward, more cost-effective subscription compared to scaling up the relational database or proprietary data grid technologies.
- Gain the flexibility to deploy your data, your way by connecting the data grid to any application and any platform via multiple protocols (for example, REST, Hot Rod, and memcached) and a Java API.
- Deploy Red Hat JBoss Data Grid as a data abstraction layer to decouple the application, the cache, and database and gain control over the life cycle, maintenance, and costs of each component independently.
- Add a distributed data store to your data virtualization platform. As a data store, JBoss Data Grid can connect to Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization, allowing you to integrate data located in JBoss Data Grid with your other data stores for actionable information and business insight.
Applications are often tightly coupled to proprietary, closed databases, preventing businesses from achieving the flexibility they need. Red Hat JBoss Data Grid acts alongside the application and its relational back-end stores to provide complementary services and lower the reliance on traditional databases. JBoss Data Grid:
Eliminates single points of failure with distribution and replication to meet high up-time requirements.
Provides a cost-effective scale-out solution to accommodate large volumes of data.
Stores unstructured data unsuitable for storage in relational database systems.
Works with existing relational databases to cache existing data stores, as well as keep data transactions consistent and available in the store-of-record.
Red Hat Consulting's Middleware and Application Consulting Practice specializes in open-standard architecture strategy, design, integration, and development; legacy modernization services; and Red Hat JBoss Middleware services.
- Deliver vast experience with Red Hat JBoss Middleware products.
- Offer full life-cycle development, including open source integration and hybrid design services.
- Drive open source processes and governance.
- Mitigate risk through a modified agile systems development approach.
Turn data into actionable information at business speed
Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization is useful for any organization struggling to gain operational and analytical insights from data dispersed and locked up in various business units, applications, and technology silos. As a data integration solution, JBoss Data Virtualization allows you to access and integrate multiple data sources and transform data into logical, business-friendly data models. With these models you can acquire timely, actionable, and integrated information for enlightened business execution and fast response to change.
Red Hat Data Virtualization gives you:
- Tools for creating data views that are accessible through standard protocols.
- A repository for storing metadata.
- A robust runtime environment that provides enterprise-class performance, data integrity, and security.
- A plug-in to connect Red Hat JBoss Data Grid as a native data store.
A convenient, integrated development environment
With its certified, open source integrated development environment (IDE), Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio gives you everything you need to build rich web applications, transactional enterprise applications, and service-oriented architecture (SOA)-based integration applications. There is no need to buy multiple subscriptions to build and test on Red Hat JBoss Middleware products or pay production service-level agreements (SLAs) to get support. It’s all included.
Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio gives you:
- Integrated, certified tooling and runtime components by combining Eclipse, open source tools, and Red Hat JBoss Middleware platforms.
- A page editor for combined visual and source editing of web pages, including rendering AJAX-enabled JavaServer Faces (JSF) plus RichFaces pages as well as JavaServer Pages (JSP), HTML, and XHTML pages.
- Support for many programming models and frameworks.
- A development environment and platforms that are stable and easy to upgrade, deploy, and support.
Contact Red Hat Sales to learn more about or purchase Red Hat JBoss Data Grid.
Red Hat works with an ecosystem of partners to build, optimize, and deliver complete solutions. Through our global network of leading hardware, software, and service provider vendors, Red Hat offers you a wealth of proven technology solutions that solve real-world business challenges.
Watch JBoss Data Grid videos and demonstrations:
Watch JBoss Data Grid webinars:
Explore Red Hat JBoss Data Grid with these in-depth whitepapers:
Analyst paper: Improving application scalability with in-memory data grids
Whitepaper: Red Hat JBoss Data Grid performance factors
Technology overview: Solving big data challenges with Red Hat and Intel