The open source community is large and collaborative, with contributions from a wide variety of developers and organizations. Freely accessible source code lets users explore, experiment, test, and provide feedback on the software’s latest features.
Developers interested in Red Hat have a choice: JBoss® Developer projects or Red Hat® JBoss Middleware. Both are innovative and trusted choices for your IT project, but their use cases are not the same.
JBoss Developer community projects:
- Include more than 150 projects, from enterprise service buses to data integration and management tools.
- Are used by developers to test and integrate middleware capabilities.
- Feature rapid innovation and advanced technology.
- Offer informal support from community forum participants.
- Are not fully tested and certified.
- Are best suited for advanced prototyping and development projects.
The Red Hat JBoss Middleware portfolio:
- Integrates software components from various open source communities, including JBoss Developer.
- Combines innovative open source software with the testing, certification, and maintenance releases necessary for enterprise production use.
- Is rigorously tested and certified against multiple operating systems, Java™ Virtual Machines (JVMs), and databases.
- Includes documentation, training, multi year maintenance policies, guaranteed patches, updates, hot fixes, legal assurance, and award-winning support.
- Is best suited for mission-critical, long-term production use.
Red Hat JBoss Middleware delivers the innovation of community projects without the risks and potential costs of deploying them in production or embedding them in a product for resale. IT organizations and independent software vendors alike can benefit from adopting Red Hat JBoss Middleware for the development and deployment of mission-critical applications and services.
- ROI analysis: JBoss Enterprise Application Platform compared to JBoss Application Server
- Datasheet: Comparing Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works to community projects
- Datasheet: JBoss Enterprise BRMS compared to Drools, the JBoss Community project
- Whitepaper: Making software from the open source community ready for the enterprise
- Whitepaper: JBoss Enterprise Middleware, by Red Hat: Proven Technical Support Services Leader
- Case study: Enhancesys delivers lower TCO solution with Red Hat
- Case study: Vilogia overhauls IT infrastructure and integrates data in real time with Red Hat JBoss Middleware